What's new

Game Thread Aug 21, 2020: Jazz vs. Nuggets - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 08-21-20

Was looking at a Vizio and a Samsung before the pandemic. Beautiful screens. Someday, she will be mine oh yes she will mine. Are you going to mount her?

I used to have a Vizio, but recently upgraded to a Samsung (newer tech and bigger screen). Honestly had no issues with either of them, picture quality was great on both.

I don’t want to here ****ing lord of the idiots LoPo talking about Gobert anymore!!!
Gobert has had an amazing 2 game stretch. I really hope he keeps it up because I care about team success more than anything else.

We didn't win the last two games just because of Gobert. We won because everybody stepped up, played hard, made the extra pass. He was a part of that.

After the last 3 games, I dont trade anybody in the first 8 or 9. I like what I see. We gotta keep up the pressure. Keep the focus.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
We've basically made Porter and Jokic unplayable with how terrible they're defending. Both of their defensive ratings the last two games have been sky high. I don't know how Denver counters that. Maybe they try to go bigger? Seems like we have enough playmakers to make that a bad idea.

Have to give a lot of credit to Quin for drawing up the plays to expose those guys. If you let them hide on defense, Denver is going to beat you,

Cant wait for sunday. I been watching almost every minute of these first three games on my tiny phone screen with no sound. Sunday I get to watch on my 75 inch tv from the couch with some adult beverages!
Nice! About a month ago I found a super cheap 75” at Walmart and it’s been sitting in storage. @bigb finished our electrical yesterday and carpet on Tuesday, so the TV’s going up today (if Amazon delivers the mount). I’ve also been watching them on my phone. I’ve had hehestreams and they didn’t have an app for fire stick, but this TV came with Roku.

But I can’t say I have a Vizio or a Samsung. It’s a Hisense, so I feel a little like John Candy and his Casio:

Last edited:
Nice! About a month ago I found a super cheap 75” at Walmart and it’s been sitting in storage. @bigb finished our electrical yesterday and carpet on Tuesday, so the TV’s going up today (if Amazon delivers the mount). I’ve also been watching them on my phone. I’ve had hehestreams and they didn’t have an app for fire stick, but this TV came with Roku.

But I can’t say I have a Vizio or a Samsung. It’s a Hisense, so I feel a little like John Candy and his Casio:

Sweet! Live it up and have a mountain dew while you watch the game!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Wow, it's been a long time since I have had this much fun having this team. The team chemistry is off the charts. I don't know if the Nuggets D is that bad or the Jazz now have the greatest offense of all-time. It is great to see the whole team produce and not just rely on Don's scoring.
Let me clarify at least game 3 for you: the Nuggs were THAT BAD.

Not really seeing an adjustment Denver can make. We’ll cool off shooting, but we still would’ve spanked them with average shooting the last two games.

Hope the guys stay motivated. We feel like such the better team and should roll. Yet we’re one game from being 2-2.
Easily the biggest critique of Malone has got to be his prep for game 3, knowing that Conley was returning. Denver is bigger, more physical, and more athletic at several different positions. He should have gone bigger and gone out to punch us in the mouth. Starting Grant over MPJ was an obvious adjustment, imo. They can afford to go deeper into their rotation and use a few more fouls if necessary in order to break our rhythm. There’s no reason for them to let jazz offense flow like this. It’s pretty unforgivable. And Denver should’ve owned the boards in game 3—setting that tone early. Boy did they come out flat and heartless.

I do understand that it's hard to bench MPJr, though, when he's almost their only offensive weapon we seem to have problems with.

Easily the biggest critique of Malone has got to be his prep for game 3, knowing that Conley was returning. Denver is bigger, more physical, and more athletic at several different positions. He should have gone bigger and gone out to punch us in the mouth. Starting Grant over MPJ was an obvious adjustment, imo. They can afford to go deeper into their rotation and use a few more fouls if necessary in order to break our rhythm. There’s no reason for them to let jazz offense flow like this. It’s pretty unforgivable. And Denver should’ve owned the boards in game 3—setting that tone early. Boy did they come out flat and heartless.
It is very disheartening to a team if you are constantly taking the ball out of bounds after a made basket. The Jazz started by knocking down shots and the Nuggs quit.

It is very disheartening to a team if you are constantly taking the ball out of bounds after a made basket. The Jazz started by knocking down shots and the Nuggs quit.
We didn’t start out that hot, actually. There’s no getting around the fact that the Nuggs were dog**** yesterday right from the tip.

Stole this from Reddit.

lwtstlatvgi51.png

I do understand that it's hard to bench MPJr, though, when he's almost their only offensive weapon we seem to have problems with.
Wut? Jokic and Murray haven’t presented problems?

Malone could start Murray-Grant-MPJ-Millsap-Jokic if he wanted to. He can also play Plumlee and Jokic together in some combos. But he hasn’t done anything to juice the physicality. It’s ridiculous tbh.

He should absolutely bring MPJ off the bench. Q is exploiting that weak link... as he should. There’s still plenty of mins for MPJ to flame throw for the second unit against the likes of Niang, etc.

Wut? Jokic and Murray haven’t presented problems?

Malone could start Murray-Grant-MPJ-Millsap-Jokic if he wanted to. He can also play Plumlee and Jokic together in some combos. But he hasn’t done anything to juice the physicality. It’s ridiculous tbh.

He should absolutely bring MPJ off the bench. Q is exploiting that weak link... as he should. There’s still plenty of mins for MPJ to flame throw for the second unit against the likes of Niang, etc.
They started the second half with Grant instead of MPJ. I imagine Malone would do the same for Game 4. Plumlee and Jokic together would be equally exploitable and Plumlee seems to foul a lot this series.

Their only hope is Bol Bol having some impact on defense with his length.