What's new

Game Thread Aug 21, 2020: Jazz vs. Nuggets - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 08-21-20

I don't understand how the NBA is officiated sometimes... the DM non-call was pretty sucky. Overall I thought we got a good whistle though.

I don’t like Royce leaving Murray wide open to double Jokic with Ingles on him. I’ll take a contested look with Ingles on Jokic than a wide open Murray three.

Crappy ending to the 2nd, but a 17 point lead at the half? Of course we'd take it.

Won't feel good unless we can keep it at 20 points going into the 4th.
I have that awful feeling that says, “we are definitely gonna let them back into this.”

Crappy ending to the 2nd, but a 17 point lead at the half? Of course we'd take it.

Won't feel good unless we can keep it at 20 points going into the 4th.
First few minutes of the third are key... I would describe Denver as low energy and sulking... get up on them just a little more and they may see it as too tough to plow.

I don’t like Royce leaving Murray wide open to double Jokic with Ingles on him. I’ll take a contested look with Ingles on Jokic than a wide open Murray three.
Should always double off of Craig and Millsap.

Not sure what Donovan was doing in the last 3 minutes. We need him to be Donovan Mitchell, not John Stockton. Just play basketball, you aren't there to get the tertiary players involved.

Not till when Quin put in that Ingles/Conley/Mitchell lineup. We are playing one on one hero ball while Denver scoring 8points unanswered.
I do not feel like you have watched the game my friend. If anything we need guys to be a little more selfish and shoot when they have a look instead of more passing.

11-3 run to finish the half. Gives them a lot more confidence than they should have

It's always a game of runs. I'm a big proponent of calling a timeout if they score even six unanswered.

Just defend the three, no more wide open looks.

Yea the Jazz had a chance to crush them and let them back in the game. Thank goodness Mike hit that 3pt. Still very nervous. Rudy was the star in the first half. So we need DM to turn on the Superstar switch in the 3rd and take over the game.