What's new

Game Thread Aug 23, 2020: Jazz vs. Nuggets - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 08-23-20

I know superstar put the points up but to my eyes it was Conley that stemmed the tide when we were down. 8 for 13, 6for 6 from the stripe, 4 dimes and 0 TOS. The playoffs are back and so is playoff Mike. Kudos to Clarkson as well for big shots made.
Mike Conley was very good.
Donovan Mitchell was an all time great out there.
Game ball goes to Mitchell and it's not close

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

If we can keep playing with this confidence and intensity who knows? With the way things went down after the trade, and the Bogey injury, sounds like a cross between Hoosiers and Glory Road.:D
I think the jazz can beat the clippers and the Mavs but I don't think they can beat the Lakers simply due to matchups and style of play.
The Lakers just have so much length to give our offense trouble.

I will be very happy and satisfied with the WCF though regardless. Hell, I will be happy playing the 2nd round again. Winning a round of playoffs in the west is tough and quite an accomplishment

Also, in the 4th when it was the Jazz getting 2pts and Murray getting 3pts every possession I was legit feeling a loss. Love that the Jazz just kept putting up points, but Murray seemed unstoppable. It wasn't until the Millsap "block" and subsequent Mitchell 3 that I knew the Jazz had this game and the series.
Yep. I remember thinking that every 2 combined possessions between each team Denver was gaining a point and I was worried. But I mean we were scoring every possession so what could ya do?

Dallas is a damn good team And would give us nightmare matchups. Porzingas takes Rudy out of the paint opening up a layup drill for Hardaway and Luka. Luka Magic is something else. He might be the best player in the league. I almost fear this young and hungry Mavs team playing on house money than the Beverley-less Clippers.

Either team will be a lot better than this soft Denver team. Wish we had Bojan still...
Ya, I prefer that we get the clippers... After a hard fought 7 game series with Dallas and game 7 going in more overtimes than any game in nba history

Dallas is a damn good team And would give us nightmare matchups. Porzingas takes Rudy out of the paint opening up a layup drill for Hardaway and Luka. Luka Magic is something else. He might be the best player in the league. I almost fear this young and hungry Mavs team playing on house money than the Beverley-less Clippers.

Either team will be a lot better than this soft Denver team. Wish we had Bojan still...

You just have to live with Porzingis' 3 point shooting. Not even Rudy can contest him he's like 7'3" with a high release. Outside of that though they are a poor defensive team like Denver. Mitchell should be able to go to work on the fake Curry or Hardaway Jr. I would prefer them over the playoff hardened Kawhi Leonard Clips.

Wonder if Murray would consider a pay cut to play for Utah after this series

Here's a list of people since Exum who we obtained at less cost than Exum, but arguably outperformed him:

Joe Ingles
Rodney Hood
Shelvin Mack (even though Exum should have been playing)
Boris Diaw
George Hill
Joe Johnson
Jae Crowder
Jonas Jerebko
Thabo Sefolosha
Donovan Mitchell
Kyle Korver
Georges Niang
Royce O'Neale

Who would be an equivalent? I'd say Ekpe Udoh, but only because Ekpe didn't play enough. Obtaining more quality guys didn't appear that hard. We fed the delusion because sunk cost. But, ultimately, perhaps DL being so invested in this gave the illusion around the league of possible value.

So the most important thing is that he, somehow, returned us Jordan Clarkson. So that's cool. The only guys on that list above that are better than or equivalent to Clarkson's production/value are Ingles, Hill, Donovan, Royce and Crowder.

Hot Rod would have loved this kid.
He might bring Hot Rod back to life... maybe we have some angels in the outfield **** going on right now. can someone good at art draw me a hot rod as an angel painting... i will give you all the money.

Here's a list of people since Exum who we obtained at less cost than Exum, but arguably outperformed him:

Joe Ingles
Rodney Hood
Shelvin Mack (even though Exum should have been playing)
Boris Diaw
George Hill
Joe Johnson
Jae Crowder
Jonas Jerebko
Thabo Sefolosha
Donovan Mitchell
Kyle Korver
Georges Niang
Royce O'Neale

Who would be an equivalent? I'd say Ekpe Udoh, but only because Ekpe didn't play enough. Obtaining more quality guys didn't appear that hard. We fed the delusion because sunk cost. But, ultimately, perhaps DL being so invested in this gave the illusion around the league of possible value.

So the most important thing is that he, somehow, returned us Jordan Clarkson. So that's cool. The only guys on that list above that are better than or equivalent to Clarkson's production/value are Ingles, Hill, Donovan, Royce and Crowder.
Just wait though... next year is basically Exum's second year... he about to turn into Penny.