What's new

Game Thread Aug 23, 2020: Jazz vs. Nuggets - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 08-23-20

megan-thee-stallion-wap-cardi-b-thatgrapejuice-video-600x319.png
My prediction of Donovan and Jordan during this game:

No doubt: this game is crucial.

Winning it means killing the series (Denver can't come back from a 3-1 )
On the other hand Denver today has the chance to reopen the series.

Despite everything I'll not be able to watch this game: here in Italy they would start at 3:00 a.m
Damn...

I could sacrifice the night but I am pretty sure if I do that we certainly lose. If I watch the replay in the morning we should be fine.

I’d try Jokic-Plumlee combos if I were Malone. Plumlee is mobile enough to disrupt Joe in isolation situations—and that would put both Jokic and Plumlee on the Joe-Rudy PnR.

Except now you have made it even easier to defend Denver. Their only chance to beat us is to supernova offensively. It is far harder to do that with Plumlee playing big minutes next to Jokic.

Except now you have made it even easier to defend Denver. Their only chance to beat us is to supernova offensively. It is far harder to do that with Plumlee playing big minutes next to Jokic.
I’m not suggesting that combo as a primary tool.

And Denver’s best chance right now isn’t as plain as you describe it.

If anyone has a ref bias issue in this series - which makes no sense whatsoever - the Nuggies could cry foul about us having 26 attempts to their 11 in game 3.
I don't think the refs have been that bad or biased in this series. The first half of Game 1 was poor, but overall its been even.

As for Game 3, Denver gave up while we attacked. The attempts reflect that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

It's interesting that Nuggets started this series with advantage of knowing that we had 3 times big leads in our previous games and they managed to prevail in the end. If they are down by 20 now they will be running to pack the suitcases. Please Jazz don't **** it up!

Also, not to look ahead, but assuming we play the Clips, I want to see a lot of Morgan in that series. We need to speed up his playoff experience and no reason not to do it vs Harrell, Kawhi, George, etc. He needs to learn vs the best. Even if he’s getting scorched. Because we’re not winning any title with Niang playing 15-20 minutes a night. But it’s possible we win one in the foreseeable future with Morgan playing that much.

Morgan will be important to try to keep Montrez Harrel in check.

You think they throw in the towel tonight?

If Jokic is busting his *** on defense, you'll know they haven't thrown in the towel. But if you saw their body language the last two games, it's pretty clear the Nuggets know they can't stop the Jazz from scoring.

I’m not suggesting that combo as a primary tool.

And Denver’s best chance right now isn’t as plain as you describe it.

They are plenty capable of lighting up the scoreboard and running teams out of the building. We aren't going to consistently keep them bottled. I suspect they will counter our Jokic double team.

What the Jazz have to do is hit our shots and keep our TOs to a dozen or so. If we miss our open looks, then Malone will look like a genius and Denver could win this. I trust our D, but I have my fingers crossed for our shooting.

Reactions: UB
Key is turnovers. Keep them in control, we'll be very hard to beat. Start throwing the ball away and it's all over.