What's new

Game Thread Aug 23, 2020: Jazz vs. Nuggets - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 08-23-20

I don't think Mitchell was this good either. Both are playing out of their minds.

I wonder if shooting percentages (and free throw percentage are up in the bubble with no fans to distract/add pressure)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
The sight lines in a small gym are so much better than an open air arena... both guys get pretty decent looks so that has something to do with it. DM has been very under control and just methodical. Murray is hot and cold... he has gotten nuclear hot a couple times this series and it’s frightening.

What is that supposed to mean? That he's not a great shooter? do you possess working eyes? do those eyes tell you that he doesnt look like a great shooter?
The thing that makes you a great shooter is how frequently the ball goes in the hoop.

If you have great form but miss all the time you are not a great shooter. If your form sucks but you make all your shots then you are a great shooter.

I don't think Luka is better. He's a more complete player on offense, but I'm not sold Luka is better. Remember, Luka has been refining his craft as a pro for years. Don was barely a college starter or star a few years ago.

Don is an amazing talent.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Statistically Luka is better. I think he is younger too. And has more size.

But what Donovan is doing in this series puts him up there with anyone in the entire nba.

The millsap block and stare down only to have DM hit a three in his mouf was Everything.

Rules of being tough or talking ****... rule #17 when someone has given you a 40 burger please don’t stare them down when you finally get them one time.

It isn’t a hard concept and it isn’t always a negative thing... I’m all in on JC... Dude was put on this earth to get buckets and he knows it... honestly it’s a nice break from the motion offense where we make a thousand passes to get a got shot only to pass it out for a worse shot. JC just says “here let me put this bucket in yo mouf”.
Lou Williams is a chucker too. So is Jamaal Crawford.

Pack you **** Denver... we will send the bellhops.
If I could put money on a Denver forfeit I'd do it. There is no reason for them to try at this point. Time for them to pop out of the bubble and end the nightmare that has been this series.

The millsap block and stare down only to have DM hit a three in his mouf was Everything.

Rules of being tough or talking ****... rule #17 when someone has given you a 40 burger please don’t stare them down when you finally get them one time.
That was great moment. As soon as it happened I was yelling that Millsap was in trouble. Maybe one of my favorite NBA moments ever. That might have surpassed Stockton's shot to send us to the finals for me. Less important than that shot but just so satisfying.

Nope
You would be surprised.
Look his attepts per 36 and compare them to the other jazz players when he was here. He was usually around 4th on the team.

Clarkson takes way more shots per minute than Burks every year of their careers.

Part of the reason Clarkson has bounced around so much is because of his chuckerness. It's working here in Utah but didn't work on his past teams as well.

Nope
You would be surprised.
Look his attepts per 36 and compare them to the other jazz players when he was here. He was usually around 4th on the team.

Clarkson takes way more shots per minute than Burks every year of their careers.

Part of the reason Clarkson has bounced around so much is because of his chuckerness. It's working here in Utah but didn't work on his past teams as well.

I'm teasing you. Of course he is not at JC chucking level

Can't recall a Jazz sub with the green light JC has. Never.

That was great moment. As soon as it happened I was yelling that Millsap was in trouble. Maybe one of my favorite NBA moments ever. That might have surpassed Stockton's shot to send us to the finals for me. Less important than that shot but just so satisfying.
I legit have some rules for talking **** and when a guy is tearing you up you don’t stare him down or talk **** for doing one good thing... nonsense.

don’t talk **** when you are down. Your opponent can just say scoreboard and the discussion is over.

I also had a guy talk **** from the bench in pickup after I’d already beat him... it is very cutting to simply let them know if they didn’t suck they’d still be playing.

These are the basics and Millsap a veteran ignored the rules of **** talking and karma paid him back immediately

You know what makes me happy for DM more than anything? Humbleness. The kid doesn’t care he scored 51. He just wants to win. Whatever it takes, as long as we win