What's new

Game Thread Aug 25, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 08-25-20

Might be the most disappointing playoff loss I've seen. I mean, losing to the bulls sucked of course, but at least we could say we lost to the best player to every play the game. But after this one we lost to... Jamal Murray? Who? Oh and he dropped 40 on us. Again. No not Curry... Murray. **** me.

This is another example of why we can't max Rudy. No impact on big games. He seems to struggle in the playoffs when the chips are down.

Once Denver took the lead , they doubled Mitchell and we did a poor job of helping him ....

I really think Clarkson could of helped us much better than Joe or Oneal , he isn’t afraid to shoot
Yeah no idea why they didn't bring Clarkson back in. It was pretty obvious from the middle of the 3rd quarter that Ingles and O'Neal were not playing well. Clarkson at least gave us a shot to outscore them.

We have to stop taking the ball out of his hands. Denver won because they let Murray play free while we sat Don to end the 3rd. We should have matched them in that moment. Kill their spirit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think Denver won because Jokic hit 7/11 3s instead of 4/11, and Denver's defense forced several turnovers in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

It’s bizarre how our intensity and focus seemed to disappear in the third quarter. Rudy didn’t look engaged, Joe and Royce with some weird sequences.
Quin needed a better pulse on the game because Morgan, Clarkson, or even Oni could have provided a spark of some kind. Just a strange game.

Or Kawhi.

And those teams play some defense, too
I don't think anyone expects us to advance beyond the 2nd round. Denver was the only team I thought we had a shot at beating.

I think Denver won because Jokic hit 7/11 3s instead of 4/11, and Denver's defense forced several turnovers in the 3rd and 4th quarter.
It's the unforced TOs and the sudden standing around that was the problem.

Yeah no idea why they didn't bring Clarkson back in. It was pretty obvious from the middle of the 3rd quarter that Ingles and O'Neal were not playing well. Clarkson at least gave us a shot to outscore them.
The game was still tied with 5 or 6 minutes left and we let them kick sand in our face. All this is fixable. It's on the coaches to figure it out. Perhaps let Mudiay have a bit of a go might be a tonic.

I thought the Jazz lost focus, and when they tried to get it back, Royce decides he can't shoot the ball.

I'm still feeling good if I'm the Jazz, though not if they drop it on Thursday.