What's new

Game Thread Aug 25, 2020: Jazz at Nuggets - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 08-25-20

I want Quin to challenge one of the easy calls. The kickball call when we were up by 8 in the 3rd was huge. Reverse that, go up 10 maybe, and they might crumble. Instead, it went to 5.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Donovan has to play possessed and out play/ outscore Murray or we lose. Didn't watch the game but was Donovan not looking to be aggressive?

Luka isn't anywhere near as shifty as Murray.

L
Once Denver took the lead , they doubled Mitchell and we did a poor job of helping him ....

I really think Clarkson could of helped us much better than Joe or Oneal , he isn’t afraid to shoot
Makes you wonder why when the Jazz took a commanding lead we didn't double Murray and force somebody like Grant to shoot

We took Don out to end the 3rd and everything started to slide. They just outplayed us, got some bounces. We didnt adjust and started to panic.

Gobert was absent. All game

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
On the game following Giannis' DMVP announcement, you'd think Rudy would've brought more fire.

Donovan has to play possessed and out play/ outscore Murray or we lose. Didn't watch the game but was Donovan not looking to be aggressive?
Denver's defense was pretty aggressive in the third. They trapped the pick n roll, and if DM was able to split it or get to the basket, Den collapsed the paint pretty quicky. That left Joe and Royce wide open, but both passed open 3s. They lost their confidence and were out of the game since the 3rd Q. They need to step up. On defense we lacked effort and focus and Denver got all the loose balls. Also, DM had to defend Murray late in the 4th (since Royce and Ingles were so innefective tonight), which probably drained him a little bit.

Give Denver (and Murray) credit, they fought for their lives, but we lacked focus tonight.

Last edited:
This puts pressure on the next game as a must win for the Jazz. If we lose this we go into game 7 on a losing streak against a red hot shooting team. I don't want to see that, nor should the Jazz. We really should have ended this already. Oh well, more 2020 stress!

Yeah no idea why they didn't bring Clarkson back in. It was pretty obvious from the middle of the 3rd quarter that Ingles and O'Neal were not playing well. Clarkson at least gave us a shot to outscore them.

Think Ingles and ONeale too cerebral at times with Conley while Clarkson just rolls

Didn't we counter the Rockets playing this style of aggressive defense in game 2 a couple years ago? I think Gobert started slipping the pick and it worked really well. I think we'll see some of that in game 6 and it will open up a lot.

Not the locked in performance I had hoped for. Credit Denver for some massive shot making too.

bleh... in to the next one.