What's new

Azubuike waived by the Knicks

I mentioned this in other threads. I would no nutz for this

Sometimes I do this on the weekend when the wife is out running errands. Put on her lacy negliges and listen to 4 Non Blondes and just fantasize about being a pretty little lady.

OK; the Jazz are looking for ways to save $$$, and this would seem to do it. Memo will be 32 in May, so hasn't much NBA life left in the tank...
I see Okur's value to the team seriously declining with every game Favors enters in a Jazz uniform. I believe the Magic are still looking for a backup C; would that be motive enough for Memo? As far as the Jazz motive goes, $9 mil < $10 mil, although I think he could be had for less than $9 mil annually...
I just doubt he'd give back more than he could make back on a contract with Orlando (theoretically). Players won't usually do that. Derek Fisher and Mike Bibby are the only two I can think of.

Back to the main topic of Azubuike, I'm all for it in theory. Even if the Jazz are short on cash and can't buy out Memo, they would only have to pay him a prorated portion of the minimum. But here's the other catch...players who are released by March 1 are usually looking for a team that they think will make a deep playoff run and have a shot at a championship. You think Azubuike would prefer the Jazz to Miami, Boston, Dallas, etc. like every other waived free agent?

Also he has played only 9 games in the last season and a half, so there's no guarantee that he will even be healthy enough to play this year.

Totally off topic, but what's the name of the blonde in your avatar? She looks very familiar to me but I don't remember her name...

I don't think she's famous. It's a picture of some waitresses at oktoberfest in Germany from a few years ago. But maybe you are thinking of Elisha Cuthbert?

Use this site to find more of the pictures of these ladies: www.tineye.com

Enter the URL of UB's image on that site and it will link you to more of her.

Oh right!! she does look like Cuthbert a little bit from far but not so much when the image is bigger.

Thanks for the info.