What's new

Backup point

First off the Bench

• Total voters
I think Watson is the better player and will run the offense better. Price just isn't consistent enough for full time backup duty.

I think the only reason that Sloan hasn't come out public and declared Watson as the first option is in respect to RP.

I think the only reason that Sloan hasn't come out public and declared Watson as the first option is in respect to RP.

This. Watson has been starting when D-Will has been out this pre-season right? I think that's a pretty good hint.

Watson didn't come here to sit on the bench.
Also bad message to other FAs next season.

This. Watson has been starting when D-Will has been out this pre-season right? I think that's a pretty good hint.

Sloan does have a habit of starting the third stringer instead of the second stringer to keep chemistry, so don't look into that.

I'd like to see what Price can do with some spot 2 guard minutes - especially if Miles and/or Hayward aren't producing.

We all know Price is not a PG; but you can't bury him on the bench either because he makes more defensive hustle plays per minute than any player on the team. Jerry has to find him some burn.

I'd like to see what Price can do with some spot 2 guard minutes - especially if Miles and/or Hayward aren't producing.

We all know Price is not a PG; but you can't bury him on the bench either because he makes more defensive hustle plays per minute than any player on the team. Jerry has to find him some burn.

We've seen what Price will do at the off guard position. What we've seen is that Price is, indeed, an NBA player. We've also seen that Price has no business being a player getting regular minutes.

Watson will be the back-up PG but I'm fully prepared for him to have an atrocious shooting % all year. I would be it hovers around high 30's through most of the season.

Watson has played mid 20's to 30mpg most of his career - at this point in his career 10-12 mpg is not enough time to get his stroke down.

I wanted to do what only one other has been brave enough to do...vote RP. I love the guy he is one of my favorite players, i love his intensity and aggression Watson is going to be the guy though. I cant wait till Wednesday!