What's new

Basketball Game (vs Lakers)

What I really liked when Exum played against OKC is that he and Burks seemed to be pushing the ball up the court. I think they would play well together and could be a change of pace unit, along with Favors and Lyles and Johnson. Burks and Exum both seem to play better in a faster paced game, so why not create that environment and play them together?

I noticed this as well. Anytime either one of them touches the ball they push the pace and I like it. It's nice to throw some fast pace play in at times.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

U actually believe Ingles was signed because of Exum? Wow.

Sure do. I remember reading about it actually. How he was a player that Exum had grown up idolizing. Do you really think we would have given a relatively obscure (in the States) 27 year old Aussie that just got cut by the Clippers a look otherwise? Wow!!! Believe it or not, teams do attempt to make their foreign assets comfortable in their new environs (Diaw). It's called creating chemistry.

Umm no, Kraken. He was cut by the Clippers because an injury forced them to clear his roster spot temporarily. Clippers wanted to re-sign him but Jazz swooped in.

He didn't have a friendship with Exum otherwise. Diaw wasn't picked up to make Rudy feel more comfortable.

How about getting shelvin to please hayward?

I remember there was talk about Exum having Ingles as a role model, and to help him.

Who knows what was truly the reason, but these concepts were discussed many times by our media.

Where is the Laker fan reaction thread? [MENTION=2959]JazzAvenues[/MENTION] you had ONE JOB! ;-)

Umm no, Kraken. He was cut by the Clippers because an injury forced them to clear his roster spot temporarily. Clippers wanted to re-sign him but Jazz swooped in.

He didn't have a friendship with Exum otherwise. Diaw wasn't picked up to make Rudy feel more comfortable.

I remember this as well. Ingles was also in the rotation from the beginning if that's worth anything.

I love that Rudy blocked the shot at the end. Almost like a **** you to whomever he blocked and the coaches for the snub.

I remember there was talk about Exum having Ingles as a role model, and to help him.

Who knows what was truly the reason, but these concepts were discussed many times by our media.

Quin had coached against him in Europe so was very familiar. Also he'd been on the radar for the NBA previously, various summer leagues and was even offered a guaranteed contract at one point but turned it down. He'd had prominent roles with the national team at Olympics and world champs. Even apart from Quin seeing him in Europe any team doing their homework on overseas prospects would have been reasonably familiar with him.

Sure do. I remember reading about it actually.
You must have read alternative facts. Or maybe just uninformed speculation.

How he was a player that Exum had grown up idolizing. Do you really think we would have given a relatively obscure (in the States) 27 year old Aussie that just got cut by the Clippers a look otherwise? Wow!!! Believe it or not, teams do attempt to make their foreign assets comfortable in their new environs (Diaw). It's called creating chemistry.
Wrong.

Quin has coached in Europe and already knew all about Ingles, even coached against him in a Euroleague Final Four game. That's how Ingles got into the rotation so quickly, Quin knew all about his game. Well, knew about his passing and shooting ability, not his new-found defensive ability.

You also left out how we signed Joe Johnson because Hood once had his picture taken with him.

You must have read alternative facts. Or maybe just uninformed speculation.

Wrong.

Quin has coached in Europe and already knew all about Ingles, even coached against him in a Euroleague Final Four game. That's how Ingles got into the rotation so quickly, Quin knew all about his game. Well, knew about his passing and shooting ability, not his new-found defensive ability.

You also left out how we signed Joe Johnson because Hood once had his picture taken with him.

Ha ha, good one, you so funny. And you right, every team in the NBA is just waiting for their chance to sign the next 27 year old up and comer out of Australia. LOL

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-28/nba-utah-jazz-picks-up-aussie-joe-ingles/5846744
https://saltcityhoops.com/the-australian-connection-dante-exum-and-joe-ingles/

The point is they were friends and played together on the Boomers, you can't say that Exum's signing had no effect on us signing Ingles any more than I can say that it did. This information is not open to the public. However, during a five year span, Ingles played for three different teams in Spain and Tel Aviv and during that time did two stints on the Golden State Warriors Summer League team. There were obviously many opportunities for NBA teams to sign this guy if he was such a standout as you say. Speculate how you will but don't tell me I'm wrong for having a different take.

You don't think coaches listen to players to fill out a roster. Shortly after signing Carlos Boozer, the Bulls signed Kyle Korver and Ronnie Brewer on Boozer's recommendation.

Last edited:
Sure do. I remember reading about it actually. How he was a player that Exum had grown up idolizing. Do you really think we would have given a relatively obscure (in the States) 27 year old Aussie that just got cut by the Clippers a look otherwise? Wow!!! Believe it or not, teams do attempt to make their foreign assets comfortable in their new environs (Diaw). It's called creating chemistry.

Quin was familiar with him from his time in the euro league and thought he'd be useful in the Jazz system. He wasn't chosen to be a father.

"They played for - and were roommates on the national team." Probably just a coincidence that we had Brock Motum on the roster up until Ingles became available. Kinda funny cause I don't remember any other Aussies ever playing for the Jazz let alone any 27 year old rookies. So forgive me for trying to connect the dots.

The point is they were friends and played together on the Boomers, you can't say that Exum's signing had no effect on us signing Ingles any more than I can say that it did. This information is not open to the public. ... Speculate how you will but don't tell me I'm wrong for having a different take.
I'm not speculating.

I think the front office saw jingles' aussie connection less of the reason they signed him, but more of an added bonus.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk