What's new

Basketball Game (vs Lakers)

It is fair to judge him anytime but he is still injured and playing through it. I am hoping the all-star break does him some good but we might not get a healthy Favors this year. The big question is if he is going to get back to full strength ever. Good news is we have him under contract next season. If he bounces back and gets going great. If he is still hobbled next year we dont have to worry about resigning him. The worry is if he stays hobbled through this season we might have to replace him or hope Lyles starts stepping up.

I'd strongly consider trading Favs if we got a decent offer. I think we'd be better on offense and defense with a big power wing playing 4...

I'd strongly consider trading Favs if we got a decent offer. I think we'd be better on offense and defense with a big power wing playing 4...

I dont think any player we can trade Favors for is better than a healthy Favors. It is worth the risk of waiting for him to heal up. Although that is under the assumption he can. I am positive we as fans dont really know what is going on health wise with him.

He's not very good... not sure what to tell ya.

I disagree with that and think he has been outplaying Mack who got minutes in that game.

Getting him some minutes each game isnt going to hurt us and change the outcome negatively. His potential is worth it. He also played great last time he got minutes. He outplayed Hill and was +14 against OKC.

I disagree with that and think he has been outplaying Mack who got minutes in that game.

Getting him some minutes each game isnt going to hurt us and change the outcome negatively. His potential is worth it. He also played great last time he got minutes. He outplayed Hill and was +14 against OKC.

Who's minutes do u cut tonight? AB? Ingles? Hill?

Plus minus in an individual game is a really dumb way to measure how well a player played.

He had two impressive drives in that game and hit an outside jumper. It was progress... he also got owned by Westbrook... which happens. If Exum had a game like AB did tonight people would be over the moon talking about how awesome he's going to be. Honestly it's more important this year and next to get Burks some time.

What surprised me was that Quin put in Joe instead of AB down the stretch because we were having trouble with the quickness of the Laker guards and AB is faster than any of them. It was when AB was in during the third quarter that the Jazz went on a run. It was his quickness and pushing of the ball that jump started the run. He was the better option than Joe as was obvious to me, but Quin went back to Joe. Was anyone else thinking this.

Also, read some comments and yes, I agree, I think the Jazz are trying to move one of the PGs. It could be any one of our backups, but I'm more inclined to think it's Mack because he's the most experienced and most likely to be able to help another team as a backup. They surely aren't going to trade Favors at this juncture with his value so low right now. Let's hope he will continue to heal, but he definitely looks like he is struggling out there. No where near the speed or lift he has had during his career.

Plus minus in an individual game is a really dumb way to measure how well a player played.

He had two impressive drives in that game and hit an outside jumper. It was progress... he also got owned by Westbrook... which happens. If Exum had a game like AB did tonight people would be over the moon talking about how awesome he's going to be. Honestly it's more important this year and next to get Burks some time.

Tonight I think he could have cut 5 minutes from Hill who is worn down and not playing well the last three games. Exum has had his moments of playing very well. It is just inconsistent but he also does not get consistent minutes or a consistent role. He has dropped 10 points in 1 quarter multiple games just to not get many minutes or not had any more plays called for him. Exum has had games like AB did tonight.

+/- isnt the best way to judge but if matches up with the eye test for that game it makes sense and that game it did. When a player comes in plays great and the team goes on a run they have a good +/-.

Exum did more than just two drives in that game. He had some great passes and played decent defense. Westbrook did beat him but for the most part he made Westbrook take contested long 2s that he happened to hit some of. He was definitely playing better defense that game than Hill.

Also a reason to lead me to believe he is on a minute/game restriction otherwise he would get some dleague time. Or the coach has some reason he wants him not playing and sitting on the bench for games.

What surprised me was that Quin put in Joe instead of AB down the stretch because we were having trouble with the quickness of the Laker guards and AB is faster than any of them. It was when AB was in during the third quarter that the Jazz went on a run. It was his quickness and pushing of the ball that jump started the run. He was the better option than Joe as was obvious to me, but Quin went back to Joe. Was anyone else thinking this.

Also, read some comments and yes, I agree, I think the Jazz are trying to move one of the PGs. It could be any one of our backups, but I'm more inclined to think it's Mack because he's the most experienced and most likely to be able to help another team as a backup. They surely aren't going to trade Favors at this juncture with his value so low right now. Let's hope he will continue to heal, but he definitely looks like he is struggling out there. No where near the speed or lift he has had during his career.

Hill should have been the one to make way in todays game. Burks-Ingles-Hayward should have closed the game.

I dont think any player we can trade Favors for is better than a healthy Favors. It is worth the risk of waiting for him to heal up. Although that is under the assumption he can. I am positive we as fans dont really know what is going on health wise with him.

Whilst I don't think Favors is fully healed I think the extra weight he has in order to play back up minutes at Center is was is hurting his athleticism and explosion the most. Lose that and we will the explosive Favors that we saw in his first few years in the league with addition of his added touch that he has developed over the journey.

Whilst I don't think Favors is fully healed I think the extra weight he has in order to play back up minutes at Center is was is hurting his athleticism and explosion the most. Lose that and we will the explosive Favors that we saw in his first few years in the league with addition of his added touch that he has developed over the journey.

Maybe, I just want to see last years Favors. He was a beast until late in the season, when he started kind of looking like he does now.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but we didn't play a backup PG at all tonight, right? One of them has to be on their way out. Loved the Ingles-Burks-Johnson lineup, I think all three are capable of handling the ball anyway.

Late to the party (as usual). Probably already been touched upon but anybody else notice how the Ingles substitution in the early third spearheaded that twelve O run and got us back on top? This board is tough on Exum but without the kid with the Aussie connection we never bring Jinglin Joe in. I don't think there's any question about that, and he's been a difference maker for us this season IMO.

Not so fussed about tonight, but to see him play well and assertively against OKC and then watch Quinn play Mack and Neto who were total trash vs Denver was mind boggling. I really don't know what Quinn has in mind atm.
AB was good today but he's a poor passer and often poor team defender. I still think we need to play a 2nd PG

Agreed with Ron we should have cut Hills minutes down. He is gassed.

Ugly game, but we pulled away when we needed to. So many bricks it was annoying.

Happy for Hayward!

This team needs to reset, and get energy again. Gobert, Hill, Favors, etc

Late to the party (as usual). Probably already been touched upon but anybody else notice how the Ingles substitution in the early third spearheaded that twelve O run and got us back on top? This board is tough on Exum but without the kid with the Aussie connection we never bring Jinglin Joe in. I don't think there's any question about that, and he's been a difference maker for us this season IMO.

U actually believe Ingles was signed because of Exum? Wow.

Agreed with Ron we should have cut Hills minutes down. He is gassed.

Ugly game, but we pulled away when we needed to. So many bricks it was annoying.

Happy for Hayward!

This team needs to reset, and get energy again. Gobert, Hill, Favors, etc
Time to pull a Spurs and rest all of the starters against a top 5 team. Take the L and get your core guys some rest before the playoffs.

What I really liked when Exum played against OKC is that he and Burks seemed to be pushing the ball up the court. I think they would play well together and could be a change of pace unit, along with Favors and Lyles and Johnson. Burks and Exum both seem to play better in a faster paced game, so why not create that environment and play them together?

I tagged my close friend (who's a Lakers fan) in the highlights of the game last night on Facebook stating we swept the season series against them.

His response "Russell is hurt and Hayward is in his prime".

People are starting to respect Hayward as an elite player as they should be. Feels so ****ing good to have an all-star in the loaded West. And to think we should have had two is even greater.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz