What's new

Beer Culture

My first couple of experiences with beer were similar. In fact, my first time, I literally threw up. I had sworn off beer and decided there was no reason to ever try it again. About three years later I went to a friends and he asked if I wanted a beer. When I explained my distaste for the beverage he just laughed and said I had to try this. It was something he had brewed at home. A stout. It wasn't refrigerated. Just kept in a cool basement. He poured some in a glass and had me try it. Heaven!

Don't give up just because your first Silver Bullet was so bad. Get with someone that knows their beer and have them pair a good brew with an appropriate meal. You'd probably enjoy it more than you realize.

My first beers were milwaukee best... yuck.... so bad I even turned to zima for a bit.
Eventually I started drinking st ides 40's and eventually found my way back to beers. (This was while in high school after all)

I really want to see the movie (documentary) Beer Wars. I can't find a good link though.

It pisses me off seeing big companies pushing their crap onto us. It's bad for culture.
Becks in Germany is everywhere. It's the Budweiser of Germany. I hope it doesn't quite
take over. I know that some local Breweries over the years have lost out, but many
small town Breweries continue to thrive. Becks just isn't that good. Why settle for less?

This exact 5 liter coming to PKM if he wants it(minus the creepy guy) Been wanting to do this for awhile.

kellerbier.jpg

I was thinking right around the start of the season. Hopefully this makes it to you by opening night.
I sent over 12 bottles to some friends a year ago. Ended up a little disappointing as I paid for fast shipping, and it
took forever, and two of the bottles broke. This time I figure why not send a 5 liter mini keg. Much easier.

I got the results from my entries into this years Beehive Brew Off.

Young's Extra Special (YES), English Pale Ale (ESB), Category 8C -- 1st place (2 years running)

Brigham's Best, Best Bitter, Category 8B -- 3rd place

2 Beers entered, same category, 2 ribbons. I'm pretty stoked.

Y E S
O X P
U T E
N R C
G A I
' A A
S A L

E S B

Beehive Brew Off Winner 2 Years In A Row
Category 8, English Pale Ale

0kqj.jpg

Y E S
O X P
U T E
N R C
G A I
' A A
S A L

E S B

0kqj.jpg

Mouthwatering

This exact 5 liter coming to PKM if he wants it(minus the creepy guy) Been wanting to do this for awhile.

kellerbier.jpg

O.M.G.!!!

You are my dear, dear friend.. and lover if need be.

I was thinking right around the start of the season. Hopefully this makes it to you by opening night.
I sent over 12 bottles to some friends a year ago. Ended up a little disappointing as I paid for fast shipping, and it
took forever, and two of the bottles broke. This time I figure why not send a 5 liter mini keg. Much easier.

Y E S
O X P
U T E
N R C
G A I
' A A
S A L

E S B

0kqj.jpg

Damn bro.. very nice looking beer.

The beer in the picture is a bit young and is still hazy. I don't think the beer they tasted was nearly that hazy.

The beer in the picture is a bit young and is still hazy. I don't think the beer they tasted was nearly that hazy.

Still young you say?
Just the way pkm likes em