What's new

Best and worst FA signings

The one that really gets me is what Evan Turner is getting paid. I think that was an overpay. The obvious answer that I keep hearing is Mozgov; just LOL at that being the big signing for the Lakers. For the positive, I obviously really like the Joe Johnson signing. However, I think that the Pacers got a really good bargain for what they are giving Big Al.

Evan turner is one that stood out to me as well on the negative side. Delavadova is also looking over paid

With the new salary cap that is ballooning over the next few years, every contract that gets signed is going to look like an overpay. Any frame of reference of how much players should and should not be paid is thrown completely out the window at this point. Just wait until the actual stars start signing new contracts...

The Joe Johnson signing looks beautiful on that list. Solomon Hill 4/48, Marvin Williams 4/54.5, Evan Turner 4/70, Jared Dudley 3/30. Give me Joe at 2/22 all day.

With the new salary cap that is ballooning over the next few years, every contract that gets signed is going to look like an overpay. Any frame of reference of how much players should and should not be paid is thrown completely out the window at this point. Just wait until the actual stars start signing new contracts...

Even under the old structure you couldn't go about maxing role players. Can a team survive giving 25% of its available salary to Harrison Barnes? Sure the money is higher, but the percentages remain the same. I just don't see a plan involved in doing something like that. At least with the Jazz, I see a plan.

I actually like the Deng signing for the Lakers... they've got so many young players, Deng hopefully will help groom them.

#Grab_And_Groom

Surprised nobody mentioned how ridiculous the 5 year / $120M deal for Batum is. Michael Jordan is an idiot...and yeah, he pushed off.

The 3/35 deal the Clippers gave to Austin Rivers was lame. Daddy did a really good job of convincing the front office to approve this deal. Austin Rivers is garbage...

Horford making $28 per year. Incredible. Great player, but an older big who can't spread the floor. I like Mozgov for half that much better.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

I think that the issue with a lot of these signings is that some franchises are feeling the pressure to make a "big splash" in free agency. However, when they whiff on some of the bigger names, they have to get someone (anyone) to show their fans that they were active. Therefore, they overpay. Fortunately, for the Jazz, there was not the unnecessary pressure to make a big free agent signing.

Mahinmi seemed high... Turner ludicrous... And Doc should be fired as a GM. 3/35 with player option on third year is much higher than I would have guessed.

Sacramento actually making some solid signings... They will screw it up by trading Gay for Ellis though.

Bazemore, Fournier, Marvin Williams, E'Twuan Moore were good deals.

DeRozan, Beal, Parsons, and Ryan Anderson I didn't like.