What's new

Best jazz player during the first third of the season

Who was the best jazz player in the first third of the season?

• Mike Conley

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Donovan Mitchell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jordan Clarkson

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Joe Ingles

• Royce O'Neale

• Bojan Bogdanovic

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • George Niang

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Derrick Favors

• Rudy Gobert

Votes: 23 43.4%

• Total voters

Piso

Personally, I choose Mike Conley. He was very good on both sides.

Last edited:
I feel like Conley is the clear choice as the most consistent contributor on both ends of the floor. Honorable mentions to Clarkson and Gobert.

Without Rudy we'd struggle to win. His dominance just can't be replaced. He still is a bit pouty when he isn't getting touches but man does he control the paint. This year is a good example of symbiosis on a team level. We're much better as a whole than just the strengths of each part.

I hope some of the younger guys can become serviceable as interchangeable parts in the event of an injury. Conley's hamstring will give us an idea of what happens when we're missing one of our cogs.

I pick Rudy.

Rudy anchors the defense. He sets a ridiculous number of (illegal?) screens to get our shooters open. He is a threat rolling to the rim and catching lobs.

He makes our system work a little more than any other individual player on the team and he does it in a way that there are basically no other players in the league who could fill his spot and do that better.

I go with Rudy.

Btw does this thread have a poll? (I can't see polls on the app)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Gobert is the most important player on this team (in a sense that he is the most difficult one to replace), especially defensively (there is no other player in the world that you could replace Gobert with and expect the same contribution on the defensive end) but also on the offensive end (Rudy sets great screens which is very important for a team that plays the way Jazz do, lot of passing, lot of movement without the ball). You can be without Mitchell or Conley and still play and compete at a high level, but if Gobert got injured, quality of the way this team plays would drop significantly. So yeah, Rudy Gobert, no question.
I also think Bogdanović doesnt get enough credit, he started out slow coming from that surgery, but last 6 or 7 games he has been really, really good. You cant ask more from Bogdanović than what he has given you for the past few weeks. Why is he never even in the conversation to be at the 3 point contest? This season he is at 42.1% and has shot over 40% for the past 3 seasons. Last season he was on 41.4 % on 7,3 attempts per game. These numbers are as elite as it gets, what does a guy need to do to even be mentioned, I mean, its ridiculous (didnt he make like 10 threes in 20 seconds or something couple of games ago, and yeah, this wasnt the first time)

Last edited: