What's new

Best PG's in Jazz history

Could there be a return of the #3 Jazz PG of all time?
Stefan Bondy: If Deron Williams and Nets agree to a buyout (still unlikely), wouldn't rule out return to Utah for point guard. Wouldn't that be something. Twitter @SBondyNYDN - See more at: https://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.365THxMo.dpuf

Hadn't considered a buyout. I think they can use the stretch provision to lessen the impact and free up cash.

When I first read this, I was thinking.."yes, this could really work!" But Deron is 30 and is coming off a career-worst year. He admitted he, Johnson and Lopez never developed "chemistry." C'mon...they had THREE years to figure it out! Deron just isn't a good fit in Quin's offense. He's an average threat, at best, from 3PT range and not much of a defender. We need the ball in the hands of Hayward, Burks and Hood: not a PG with a hostory of injuries who will be 30+.

Could there be a return of the #3 Jazz PG of all time?

Hadn't considered a buyout. I think they can use the stretch provision to lessen the impact and free up cash.

When I first read this, I was thinking.."yes, this could really work!" But Deron is 30 and is coming off a career-worst year. He admitted he, Johnson and Lopez never developed "chemistry." C'mon...they had THREE years to figure it out! Deron just isn't a good fit in Quin's offense. He's an average threat, at best, from 3PT range and not much of a defender. We need the ball in the hands of Hayward, Burks and Hood: not a PG with a hostory of injuries who will be 30+.

Hayward's probably still pissed Deron threw the ball at him in a game.

D-Will is #2.

Maravich was an overrated showman.

Is that some kind of sick joke??

G FG% 3PFG% FT% Rebs RPG Asts APG Stls Blks Pts PPG
658 .441 .667 .820 2,747 4.2 3,563 5.4 587 108 15,948 24.2

If we have a point guard that is scoring 24 points per game @ 44% shooting and averaging over 5 assists per game, I think we could care less if he's a "showman". I'll take those stats with any overrated hyperbole any day of the week.

Speaking of Eric Murdock, one of the guys he was traded for, Jay Humphries, played some PG and SG throughout his career. I honestly can't remember how much he played PG with the Jazz.

Jay Humphries played very very little PG for our team. If I remember correctly we got him from the Milwaukee Bucks, and he played SG a majority of the time. I remember when watching him play he was the guy that you always wish you get more of an offensive performance from but never did.