What's new

Best trade ever....................

Regardless, the answer is an easy no here. Dirk is 34 and has played 1,055 career games. We're not winning a ring let alone a playoff series probably with a starting five of Mo-Hayward-Williams-Dirk-Favors.

I think we can win a playoff series, but I couldn't see us winning a ring.

Dirk or not... for the Jazz to be competitive, not just hope to hit the 7th or 8th seed and exit first round, we need AT LEAST one quality all-star. Not a past all-star, or a potential future all-star. A player hitting his stride and playing all-star basketball.
To really make a run at a title we need more than one, but to start off lets at least try to get one face of the franchise.
Dirk, Pau, Favors, Rondo.... names floating everywhere on the board. Until we either develop or trade for someone at that level we will struggle to get through the first round.
Williams and Williams are potential upgrades, but they are not going to get us there anymore than bringing in Howard and Tinsley did last year.

I didnt know Dirk was having physical issues.

Are you guys sure you are confusing his lack of athleticism, for being hurt? You know he already waddles when he runs right?

Jazz fans are unwilling to trade Al for Pau, and now they won't trade Paul for Dirk? We deserve to be stuck in mediocrity.

who says the mavs are rebuilding? they just made an active free agent push for one of the best PGs in the league and, by all accounts, only narrowly missed signing him. they have lots of cap space this summer and they have an opportunity to keep some space for next summer, too.

who says the mavs are rebuilding? they just made an active free agent push for one of the best PGs in the league and, by all accounts, only narrowly missed signing him. they have lots of cap space this summer and they have an opportunity to keep some space for next summer, too.

They might not know it yet, but they are.

I dont need them to tell me they are. They are.

Its over for the Mavs.

They might not know it yet, but they are.

I dont need them to tell me they are. They are.

Its over for the Mavs.

well how omniscient of you. my point is, until mark cuban and donnie nelson think they're rebuilding, they're not going to blow up the team and send away the best-ever maverick.