• World War Z

• Shaun of the Dead

• Dawn of the Dead

• Dead Alive (Brain Dead)

• 28 Days Later

• Night of the Living Dead

• Other (in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Somehow I missed Shaun of the Dead in the poll and voted other. But that'd be my pick.

I voted 28 Days Later…it’s phenomenal…but Night of the Living Dead is probably the right answer.

Army of Darkness, while not directly a zombie movie, is fantastic and generally in this genre.

Night of the Comet was pretty good as well. Cheesy 80's schlock, but fun anyway.

@Keefe is right though that 28 days later is just great.

Zombieland is probably my favorite. Funny without being nothing but a spoof. Shaun of the Dead is close.

Maggie is an interesting take on the genre. More human than expected.

Lots of interesting takes on the genre.

Army of Darkness, while not directly a zombie movie, is fantastic and generally in this genre.

Night of the Comet was pretty good as well. Cheesy 80's schlock, but fun anyway.

Zombieland is probably my favorite. Funny without being nothing but a spoof. Shaun of the Dead is close.

Army of Darkness, and even Evil Dead 2 didn't quite make the cut. Not sure they are "zombie movies" but I could be compelled to say otherwise.

Army of Darkness, and even Evil Dead 2 didn't quite make the cut. Not sure they are "zombie movies" but I could be compelled to say otherwise.
Yeah, just that Army of Darkness was so ground-breaking when it came out and is still wildly entertaining. And Campbell's performance is inspired. I can see that it isn't a zombie movie in the strictest sense, but it is close enough for me.

28 Days Later is exceptional at conveying the isolation, need of thorough thought for survival, and potentially, the fear that could arise from a “zombie apocalypse.” The scene where Murphy leaves the hospital near the beginning and starts to wander in London is beautifully terrifying.

Yeah, just that Army of Darkness was so ground-breaking when it came out and is still wildly entertaining. And Campbell's performance is inspired. I can see that it isn't a zombie movie in the strictest sense, but it is close enough for me.
Shop smart, shop S-mart…

I loved Night of the Comet. I was like 11 but still, I loved that ****.

Damn looked it up. I was 7.

Never saw Night of the Comet. It streaming anywhere and worth watching?
Oh, I don't know if it's worth watching.

I'll give you my best recollection of the premise.

There's going to be a comet approach that is very close. Everyone wants to see it and like 98% of the world population does.

Everyone who saw it is turned into red dust.

Hero is like 19 and works at a movie theatre and doesn't see it. Same with like his brother or cousin or younger friend or something. Eventually they meet up with a couple hot chicks. There are some zombies for some reason but that isn't really the main premise of the movie. The main premise is that there are very few people now living in an empty world. So they get like Lambos and badass suits and guns and **** and it's like totally awesome as they go zooming around on empty freeways and presumably they're gonna get to work repopulating the planet.

It was like Brewster's Millions in a very different kind of way. Brewster's Millions is bar none my favorite movie from my childhood. I could day dream forever about being in that situation.

Oh, I don't know if it's worth watching.

I'll give you my best recollection of the premise.

There's going to be a comet approach that is very close. Everyone wants to see it and like 98% of the world population does.

Everyone who saw it is turned into red dust.

Hero is like 19 and works at a movie theatre and doesn't see it. Same with like his brother or cousin or younger friend or something. Eventually they meet up with a couple hot chicks. There are some zombies for some reason but that isn't really the main premise of the movie. The main premise is that there are very few people now living in an empty world. So they get like Lambos and badass suits and guns and **** and it's like totally awesome as they go zooming around on empty freeways and presumably they're gonna get to work repopulating the planet.

It was like Brewster's Millions in a very different kind of way. Brewster's Millions is bar none my favorite movie from my childhood. I could day dream forever about being in that situation.
So I just read a little bit and it sounds like I got this **** very backwards. Not in most ways except hero ISN'T the movie theatre guy (not mentioned in the thing I read but I'm sure he's in there) and the hot chicks, described as valley girls, are the main protagonists. I guess 7 year old me had a bit of a misogynistic lens.

For Dawn of the Dead you gotta specify which one! Both are pretty good. One has some wild music from Goblin. Return of the Living Dead has to be on there for...reasons. Train to Busan should get some credit too.

For Dawn of the Dead you gotta specify which one! Both are pretty good. One has some wild music from Goblin. Return of the Living Dead has to be on there for...reasons. Train to Busan should get some credit too.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the original Dawn of the Dead. The one with Rhames and Epps was mediocre.