What's new

Big Al or Boozer?

What an incredibly insightful question. Kudos my friend. Oh yeah, welcome to the board.

Totally different team from last season compared to this. We may be better, time will tell, but you can't just credit it to the departure/addition of one player.

I think the Jazz are better without Boozer being in the paint, but Jefferson is a great player too. He's a guy that can grab those rebounds and score some baskets. Boozer is a basketball player too. He can dribble the ball up and down the court. Thanks for asking.

- Craig

Al Jefferson is a bit bigger and a better player to play along with Millsap, since Al plays in the low post and Millsap plays more out on the floor. Boozer is a slightly more committed rebounder, but Al is improving in this regard. Al is better defensively than Boozer.

In the long run, as in 82 games or about 20 games longer than Boozer will play this (or any for that matter) season, Al's defensive ability will far outweight anything he gives up in terms of offensive production or defensive rebounding. I will take 9 boards and 2 blocks over 12 boards and running away from the offensive player anyday.

I think the Jazz are better without Boozer being in the paint, but Jefferson is a great player too. He's a guy that can grab those rebounds and score some baskets. Boozer is a basketball player too. He can dribble the ball up and down the court. Thanks for asking.

- Craig

Bro, good post, though if I'm being honest, I liked you better as Jesus Christ.

We've always been better defensively without boozer on the floor.

Boozer defensive numbers on and off the court
PTS ALLOWED ON FLOOR PER 48 mins
2006-2007

2007-2008

2008-2009

2009-2010

PTS ALLOWED OFF FLOOR PER 48 mins
2006-2007

2007-2008

2008-2009

2009-2010

https://www.nba.com/jazz/features/locked_on_jazz.html

Thank you Jazzfan for making 3 new topics also!

On topic, Boozer is gone and AL is here. AL > BOOZ

In terms of production (when healthy) Boozer.

He's a lot better rebounder and scores more.

Defensively... Meh... Boozer was stronger. al is longer. Boozer didn't care. While I'm not sure Al is all that smart...

In terms of chemistry, Al Jefferson. Boozer was a cancer. the team was tired of him. Al just wants to be one of the dudes. While Booz was gonna get his raise, regardless... Regardless of the TEAM.

Boozer was also, a STARTER. Remember that.

Al could have had a similar attitude a few games this year after he had been benched. "I'm a starter."

Instead, he worked on his game and has the Jazz rolling.

The Boozer vs Al debate is over already. Just look @ our road record. Leadership, chemistry, and intensity have risen greatly with Boozer out and Jefferson in.