What's new

Black Sails

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
bs_meats-0-1280-0-1024.jpg

Anyone else watch this show? I can't wait for season 2. I thought it was excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTcA4QLHw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvxpv_fycl8

I watched the first few episodes. Got boring to me really fast.

Well, that's too bad. I've enjoyed it a lot. I'd call it sort of a Deadwood but with pirates.

I think there are several interesting characters. There have been some really good action scenes. It really portrays pirates in a way that I've personally not seen before. Much more real and much more gritty than your typical one-legged, one-eyed, parrot on his shoulder, pirate looking for treasure type story.

I watched the first few episodes. Got boring to me really fast.

Same. Also had the same situation with penny dreadful. Both just couldn;t sustain. Too bad the premises were good.

Same. Also had the same situation with penny dreadful. Both just couldn;t sustain. Too bad the premises were good.

I watched all of Penny Dreadful and wish I hadn't.

Really thought there would be a few fans of Black Sails.

oh well...

I watched all of Penny Dreadful and wish I hadn't.

Really thought there would be a few fans of Black Sails.

oh well...

I watched it. It is ok. Would not be sad if it gets cancelled, and knowing Starz track record, it will have one more season.

Same. If a series can't keep my interest in the first couple of episodes then I quit watching it. I am glad somebody confirmed that Penny Dreadful wasn't good because now I can just ignore it rather than having second thoughts. Black Sails bored me. Everybody is different.

I'm not convinced it's great... but I'll reserve judgement for season 2. It has the promise to be Epic, I'm just not sure it's there yet

I'm not convinced it's great... but I'll reserve judgement for season 2. It has the promise to be Epic, I'm just not sure it's there yet

Well from the sounds of it based on this thread it ain't gonna make it past season 2. They renewed it after just a couple episodes aired and it got pretty good critical reviews. I was banned while it was running and wanted to share my love for it with you guys. Guess I was alone in really liking it.

That's a badass picture. Isn't it crazy how painting this now common stuff of the Sistine Chapel is legendary? <<random thought thread

Yeah, that pic is just CGI but even then it's pretty amazing, especially during the opening credits when they show a lot more of the details.

Starz has a history of cancelling shows because they don't get the viewership of HBO (but they aren't HBO). It is crazy. They have had good shows with good ratings for their network and they dump them.

I also felt Black Sails ended a bit too abruptly. Too much left unresolved for a season finale.

GOT is 10,000,000x better

Starz has a history of cancelling shows because they don't get the viewership of HBO (but they aren't HBO). It is crazy. They have had good shows with good ratings for their network and they dump them.

I also felt Black Sails ended a bit too abruptly. Too much left unresolved for a season finale.

GOT is 10,000,000x better

Well, yeah. GOT is much better.

If the entire first season were a movie that was set up to launch a series, I bet it'd be getting more looks right now.

IDGAF what anyone else thinks, this is a top 10 currently running show on television right now.

Season 2 has been good.

When I was in the Navy I pretty much hated the sea. Watching this show makes me homesick.