What's new

Blake Griffin

Blake's contract is too ridiculous. If it was manageable I'd consider it, but the guy is always getting injured. The past four seasons it's been pretty bleak with missed games. I get it - he's the closest thing to Karl Malone in the NBA (plus he can hit threes) -but man, $35,000,000 a season is insane, even with the cap going up....

Blake's contract is too ridiculous. If it was manageable I'd consider it, but the guy is always getting injured. The past three season it's been pretty bleak. I get it - he's the closest thing to Karl Malone in the NBA (plus he can hit threes) -but man, $35,000,000 a season is insane, even with the cap going up....

Blake's contract is too ridiculous. If it was manageable I'd consider it, but the guy is always getting injured. The past three season it's been pretty bleak. I get it - he's the closest thing to Karl Malone in the NBA (plus he can hit threes) -but man, $35,000,000 a season is insane, even with the cap going up....

His trade value will decline with that contract. If he suffers another injury (likely next year) that deal becomes almost untradeable.

His trade value will decline with that contract. If he suffers another injury (likely next year) that deal becomes almost untradeable.

True that. It's going to be interesting to see how we play them tomorrow evening.

And I hate this new format. I double-posted after making an edit, changing three seasons to four seasons.

He's not only able to stretch the floor but he's a playmaker. He would be absolutely unreal here.
He is shooting 35% this year on 6 attempts per game. I think he can hit the open shot enough that players come out to guard him. Plus in Snyder's system he would get good looks in good shooting spots for him. Snyder would love a guy that can pass, score inside, dribble the ball, rebound and shoot. That is exactly what he wants at the 4. The only question to me is if he would be healthy and happy playing here. His contract is pretty big though.

Favors is putting up about the same PER as him this year and is 2 years younger and a better defender. I also think Favors can hit the three at that kind of percentage in the next season or two if he keeps working on it, and will be much cheaper.

I would still go for the Blake trade though depending on what it is. Swing for the fences.

He is too injury-prone. But if he could stay healthy for a few seasons, adding a player of his caliber to the Gobert front line would be flat out epic. Gobert+(healthy)Griffin+ 3 pt shooters+decent role players = championships. Plural. But can he stay healthy? Can we surround that pair with reasonable talent given the gigantic chunk of the cap they would take together with Griffin's terrible contract? Doubtful. Best move, leave Griffin alone.

He is shooting 35% this year on 6 attempts per game. I think he can hit the open shot enough that players come out to guard him. Plus in Snyder's system he would get good looks in good shooting spots for him. Snyder would love a guy that can pass, score inside, dribble the ball, rebound and shoot. That is exactly what he wants at the 4. The only question to me is if he would be healthy and happy playing here. His contract is pretty big though.

Favors is putting up about the same PER as him this year and is 2 years younger and a better defender. I also think Favors can hit the three at that kind of percentage in the next season or two if he keeps working on it, and will be much cheaper.

I would still go for the Blake trade though depending on what it is. Swing for the fences.
Favors is never putting up six 3s per game and I will put money on that.

I swear some of you wouldn't even trade for Anthony Davis.

I’d trade for Griffin, but no way am I paying superstar price given his injury history and huge contract. Nothing wrong with being measured.

#1 I don't think Clippers want to trade him

#2 I think the price would be too high

#3 I don't think we have the pieces to get him since Ex, Hood, and Favors aren't on long term contracts

#4 Clippers know they should trade Jordan instead

Blake is a good player, but all signs point towards this not being realistic

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app