What's new

Boeing 777 crashes at San Francisco International Airport

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
https://www.cnn.com/2013/07/06/us/california-plane-incident/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

CNN) -- A Boeing 777 operated by Asiana Airlines crashed while landing Saturday at San Francisco International Airport, an FAA spokesman told CNN.
Flight 214 had flown across the Pacific Ocean from Seoul, South Korea.
Anthony Castorani, who saw the flight land from a nearby hotel, said he saw the plane touch the ground then noticed a larger plume of white smoke.
"You heard a pop and you immediately saw a large, brief fireball that came from underneath the aircraft," he told CNN. "It began to cartwheel."

Very sad.

Actually looks like this might not have been as serious as the headline made it seem. Reports are most people have evacuated safely.

I know this is horrible to say, but when one of my work colleagues told me the news, I was really afraid it was a 787. Those planes are simply an impressive feat of engineering, and since they got off to a rocky start, media scrutiny has been intense. Last thing they needed was another serious incident.

That is not to distract from this tragedy, and the three lives that were lost. I just thought I'd add my thoughts to the discussion.

I can't believe that Newscast actually said those Pilot names on live TV. So dumb.....and funny..

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Chad Feldheimer again.

Sorry, a "like" will have to suffice.

Breaking news about the crash:

*removed by moderator due to naughty words*

Last edited by a moderator:
*removed by moderator due to naughty words*
Expect UGLI to be banned soon*

Already proven to be a hoax.

Last edited by a moderator: