What's new

Boozer Agrees to Terms With Bulls (5 yrs/80 mil)

Yeah, I agree. I'm liking Gortat at this point with Fes off the bench, but not sure what Orlando's incentive would be.

Gortat? That's the big move for TPE we got for Booz you are suggesting? Man, things are not looking good.

Laughable. Pathetic. And predicted.

The Jazz FO are both cowardly and inept. After drastically over-valuing and, likewise, over-spending on third-rate talent like Okur, they find that they can't "afford" to re-sign Boozer.

Many are overjoyed by this. But that's an inherent misunderstanding of Sloan's system and the basic tenets/skillsets required to make for a contending offense.

This team has no plans to contend? Well, I suppose the extrapolated value is inverse to any idea of real value, then. Give reality time to graft itself onto even the dimmest bulbs of this board, maybe even the Miller family, and it's likely that the word 'disaster' relative to cause&effect will be inescapably obvious in relation to the moves over the last couple of offseasons.

And those yet to come. By that I mean go. But I'm sure Jazz "fans" even now are busy convincing themselves that Deron's an overrated piece as well.

I've seen talk of cap-space, but for what? This league is depleted on post talent, and Utah just allowed a very good post anchor to walk in order to keep Andrei Kirilenko's broken psyche and brittle body, and/or Okur's now-literally worthless towel-waving, dough (rolling?) body.

What FA top flight post talent is going to consider Utah, let alone choose Utah? Or is that beside the point?

And if so, what was the point of keeping the trash Utah still has in place of Boozer?

Incompetent on a tautological, inbred scale.

All in all, par. Worse than worthless.

Last edited:
Mm. It's a great visual expression of an internalization: G-d's lonely man; out to sea, and searching for light. Pretty much the character and film arc.

Seems appropriate as far as Utah's (and Deron's place on the Jazz) place in the NBA at the moment.

Drowning.

Iridescent algae versus Greg Miller's brain.

Last edited:
Laughable. Pathetic. And predicted.

The Jazz FO are both cowardly and inept. After drastically over-valuing and, likewise, over-spending on third-rate talent like Okur, they find that they can't "afford" to re-sign Boozer.

Many are overjoyed by this. But that's an inherent misunderstanding of Sloan's system and the basic tenets/skillsets required to make for a contending offense.

This team has no plans to contend? Well, I suppose the extrapolated value is inverse to any idea of real value, then. Give reality time to graft itself onto even the dimmest bulbs of this board, maybe even the Miller family, and it's likely that the word 'disaster' relative to cause&effect will be inescapably obvious in relation to the moves over the last couple of offseasons.

And those yet to come. By that I mean go. But I'm sure Jazz "fans" even now are busy convincing themselves that Deron's an overrated piece as well.

I've seen talk of cap-space, but for what? This league is depleted on post talent, and Utah just allowed a very good post anchor to walk in order to keep Andrei Kirilenko's broken psyche and brittle body, and/or Okur's now-literally worthless towel-waving, dough (rolling?) body.

What FA top flight post talent is going to consider Utah, let alone choose Utah? Or is that beside the point?

And if so, what was the point of keeping the trash Utah still has in place of Boozer?

Incompetent on a tautological, inbred scale.

All in all, par. Worse than worthless.

So what should they have done with Boozer? Matched? Traded him?

If Memo didn't tear his Achilles his deal for what his production is compared with what has been handed out this off season would be very reasonable. But the ineptness of the Jazz front office should have seen he was going to get hurt right?

So what should they have done with Boozer? Matched?

I know, unthinkable, right?

As opposed to matching Millsap. Or extending or Okur. Or keeping Kirilenko at max money.

Neocons plan wars better than the Jazz FO evaluate roster talent.

If Memo didn't tear his Achilles his deal for what his production is compared with what has been handed out this off season would be very reasonable. But the ineptness of the Jazz front office should have seen he was going to get hurt right?

Okur was an albatross before the injury.

Thinking that extending Okur was a good deal, injured or not, is oxymoronic. He's a leech in Sloan's system, whereas Boozer was a high-value post presence -- as opposed to a guard playing center -- that the offense could be run through in a symmetrically-positive manner (he put in as much as he got out).

If you know anything about basketball or, Jerry Sloan's system, you also know that these moves will vitiate that system's effectiveness. Non-starter, in more ways than one.

I know, unthinkable, right?

As opposed to matching Millsap. Or extending or Okur. Or keeping Kirilenko at max money.

Neocons plan wars better than the Jazz FO evaluate roster talent.

Okur was an albatross before the injury.

Thinking that extending Okur was a good deal, injured or not, is oxymoronic. He's a leech in Sloan's system, whereas Boozer was a high-value post presence -- as opposed to a guard playing center -- that the offense could be run through in a symmetrically-positive manner (he put in as much as he got out).

If you know anything about basketball or, Jerry Sloan's system, you also know that these moves will vitiate that system's effectiveness. Non-starter, in more ways than one.

At the time they extended Memo he was coming off a year where he averaged 17ppg shot 48% 44% on 3's 7-8rpg. For 10M a year? Totally reasonable, besides who would have you replaced him with at that price?
I would contend he would have STILL got that much this year on the open market (assuming he didn't tear his Achilles).

Commend you on having the balls to say the Jazz should have matched on Boozer. I can see that argument. Just a risky one. Missed 1/3 of his games, 28 years old, 6years. 16M a year. I liked Booze and was all for him coming back, but that was too high of a number imo. Millsap was decent in a starting role. AK was an All-Star at the 4 when he started there. I would have signed him to maybe 12Mish but 16M is a lot, especially for a small market team already strapped.

I can't even be sad about this. Chicago just got punked. The ONE YEAR that Booz stays really healthy in Utah is a contract season...does anyone really think it's a coincidence? Look at Booz's track record - commitment issues at Duke under Coach K (Read Five Point Play, Coach K's memoir of the 2001 national championship team...interesting Boozer insights there), his fleecing of Cleveland - Boozer is a mercenary, nothing more nothing less.

Can't wait to see the Chicago media rip Boozer when he misses two months with a yeast infection. See ya Carlos.

First off, anyone who says losing Boozer = addition by subtraction needs to have their head examined. He's still one of the best big men in the league and 20/10 guys don't grow on trees. Utah will miss him, and Chicago actually signed him at a pretty reasonable price, especially if you look at a couple of other contracts signed this offseason.

Having said that, I have no problem with Utah looking to shake things up a bit. I think we've given it enough time to see how things would develop with that roster, and 1st or 2nd round in the playoffs was as good as it was going to get, IMO.

For those of you who are panicking because you think Utah is going to settle for rebuild mode, I just don't think that's the case. Right now our FO has got to be sweating over the idea that Williams might pull a Lebron when the time comes. Teams don't rebuild in one year, and Utah really can't afford to screw around. I know a lot of you think what's going on right now is Utah being cheap, but I disagree. I think they are rolling the dice on changing the dynamic of this team, and hopefully improving it enough to make Deron think twice about bailing. We won't replace Boozer's talent, but for what he costs the team cap wise, Utah might be able to improve the team overall. We're not landing any big FA this year, but I do think Utah will make a move that might surprise most Jazz fans.

Last edited:
After having seen the Jazz FO pay AK 80 mil over 5+ years for mostly mailing it in, and also refusing to trade him at every opportunity, Deron must really be confident about Jazz FO's abilities to build a contender.

After having seen the Jazz FO pay AK 80 mil over 5+ years for mostly mailing it in, and also refusing to trade him at every opportunity, Deron must really be confident about Jazz FO's abilities to build a contender.

Good point.

Let's trade him before it's too late.

I can't even be sad about this. Chicago just got punked. The ONE YEAR that Booz stays really healthy in Utah is a contract season...does anyone really think it's a coincidence? .

Last year, when Boozer opted in, my brother and I were happy for one reason: Boozer was in a contract year and would HAVE to perform well or is career would basically be over. He would be a mid-level exception player, no chance at a big contract. So we thought Boozer would really show up in the coming year, play through aches and pains instead of sitting out long periods. He would play hard and perform well because he had to, and that would help the jazz for one year. Then we wanted him to sign that big deal someplace else.

Ok, he did miss the last game against Phoenix, but I believe he really could not have played. A strain in you upper body like that makes it impossible to move or jump.

My money says that Boozer never has another year as good as the one he just had. He's gonna get injured and sit. He's going to play worse defense. He'll still mouth off and piss fans off with his attitude.