What's new

Boozer also trying to convince Bulls to pursue Wes Matthews

Regress? What are the indications that Matthews will regress? In one year, he made a huge leap. Probably isn't going to improve that much again this year, but unless there is something going on in his private life or some injury that you guys know about, there's no reason to expect him to regress.

I'd seriously consider it. Matthews did everything the Jazz asked of him last year and more. He showed a confidence I had not seen out of a rookie since Deron, and showed a complete game. He did this all as an undrafted rookie. He was an MLE player for the Jazz last year and in the playoffs. He's only going to improve, and with get more opportunities to step up. I think Wesley is the real deal and our answer at SG and a better all around player than CJ. Yep I said it. I'd match, because what are the alternatives?

What you see with matthews is what you get..He has already reached his c eiling if you ask me

this just goes to prove boozer loyalty..He only cares about himself and he just trying to take everyone away from dwill..If i was jazz when i played bulls id send in the last guy off the bench and just have him hack da crap out of boozer and put his soft *** on the ground

Look, I like Wes. I want him back. But he's a career backup. He doesn't have the size or athleticism to be more than that. But we can differ on that assessment. More importantly, he's played one whole year in the league. Statistically, we don't know what he's going to keep doing. We dont' know his outliers. Normally, when you drop MLE money on a guy, you have some basis to know what he'll produce because the guy has done it over 5 or 6 seasons. The only other reason to pony up is if you know the guy is an athlete and you project him to do better so you take the risk.

Wes is not an athlete. And he's played one year. His per/48's are pretty terrible. At some point, you make a cutoff. We can all disagree where that is, but the feel good story ends when the rubber meets the road on a contract. Just to put it out there, I wouldn't go past 3 years under any circumstance. And I'd be pretty reluctant to accept more than 3 as an average.

Your points are noted. But he's extremely well-rounded and others have gotten by with average athleticism and size in the league, ala Richard Hamilton, because of their effort and basketball iq. While we have to avoid bad contracts (i.e., AK and Okur), we also can't let a player who's this solid go because of 3-5M spread out over the course of years. If we could get him for 3 years, 9M as has been mentioned, that's a hell of a steal in my opinion. Personally, I'd guess he'll get offer(s) in more of the 4.5-5M range though and I would assume we'd match.

I can't see Wes getting less than MLE money. There are teams out there like the Knicks and Nets who still have 10-20 million dollars left to throw around and no one to spend it on. We are fortunate the MLE is the most a team can offer Wes.

"How well did he guard people with size?" My memory isn't very good but I recall that in the 1st round it was Wes that did the best job on Carmelo. If I remember correctly CJ and Kover and others were not able to slow him down and they got in foul trouble trying to stop him. That's when Wes got his turn w/ Anthony and did a bang up job.

this just goes to prove boozer loyalty..He only cares about himself and he just trying to take everyone away from dwill..If i was jazz when i played bulls id send in the last guy off the bench and just have him hack da crap out of boozer and put his soft *** on the ground

Or he liked his teammates enough that he wanted to bring whomever he could to Chicago because he thought they would help him win there? Look he got offered a great contract from Chicago & should fit in very nicely there. Why hate on the guy for doing what most guys in that situation would have.

Or he liked his teammates enough that he wanted to bring whomever he could to Chicago because he thought they would help him win there? Look he got offered a great contract from Chicago & should fit in very nicely there. Why hate on the guy for doing what most guys in that situation would have.

People know that Boozer will help the Bulls just as much as he helped the Jazz. They envy the fact that Boozer in Chicago can attract players where as Boozer in Utah couldn't.

People know that Boozer will help the Bulls just as much as he helped the Jazz. They envy the fact that Boozer in Chicago can attract players where as Boozer in Utah couldn't.

Exactly. Chicago is awesome town. If you have never been it's a lot of fun. I would kill to live on the Magnificent Mile, besides they have a pretty damn good team and can currently pay more than what the Jazz would offer. Seems like a no-brainer.

Is your profile here on Jazzfanz a joke profile?

What difference does it make if Boozer is trying to 'lure' players to Chicago or not. It's up to the Jazz to make a move or sit on their hands, and they seem (at the moment) content to do nothing. Korver didn't 'follow' Boozer to Chicago... as I've posted already elsewhere, Korver was pretty clear he wanted to stay in Utah, and hinted that he'd take less money to do so. The Jazz didn't even make him an offer... what was he supposed to do, retire?

What difference does it make if Boozer is trying to 'lure' players to Chicago or not. It's up to the Jazz to make a move or sit on their hands, and they seem (at the moment) content to do nothing. Korver didn't 'follow' Boozer to Chicago... as I've posted already elsewhere, Korver was pretty clear he wanted to stay in Utah, and hinted that he'd take less money to do so. The Jazz didn't even make him an offer... what was he supposed to do, retire?

++
Good money for Korver too. Korver really did help the Jazz. I saw somewhere that the Jazz were about .667 winning percentage when Korver played.

I just don't get the not athletic/reached his ceiling/to small comments.
The kid was the best 2 we have had for yrs, and he came in undrafted! whats not to love about that?
Seems to me that last 2 we had that was worth keeping was about the same size with bad knees.
I think he still has a bunch of room to improve, MLE.......do it.