What's new

Boris Johnson to Parliament: Take a hike

No doubt you have a large list of ways it hurt Britain (as opposed to simply there being things Britain didn't like). Feel free to post them.
I already posted several of the things I'm aware of that people who voted for Brexit didn't like about the current system (though I'm sure there are more). If you'd like a comprehensive list I suggest that you poll the people who actually voted for it.

I already posted several of the things I'm aware of that people who voted for Brexit didn't like about the current system (though I'm sure there are more). If you'd like a comprehensive list I suggest that you poll the people who actually voted for it.

Since I asked for the ways it hurt Britain, and you responded that there were things people didn't like as opposed to actual harms, I don't see the need for a list. You already conceded the point.

I un-mildly enjoy @One Brow and @Joe Bagadonuts talking past each other with unconvincingly feigned listening in thread after thread. Any one else?
emoticons.png

Since I asked for the ways it hurt Britain, and you responded that there were things people didn't like as opposed to actual harms, I don't see the need for a list. You already conceded the point.
LOL. My point was that they voted for what they believed was in their best interest. If you feel that I've conceded that point then there is really no point in talking further because the evidence is abundantly obvious.

LOL. My point was that they voted for what they believed was in their best interest. If you feel that I've conceded that point then there is really no point in talking further because the evidence is abundantly obvious.
Everybody votes for what they believe is in their best interest, that's not much of a "point". Whether what they vote for what actually is in their best interest is another matter.

Since I wasn't discussing the point about voter's feelings, I would have no reason to say you conceded it. I thank you for conceding that the EU was an economic boon for Britain.

Since I wasn't discussing the point about voter's feelings, I would have no reason to say you conceded it. I thank you for conceding that the EU was an economic boon for Britain.
I did not concede that the EU has been an economic boon for Britain. The numbers don't show that at all. Look here, for instance:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bri.....69i57j0l3.7368j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

We are going nowhere with this discussion, though. The bottom line is that you cannot imagine that the voters in Britain would dislike being governed by people they did not elect and who they do not feel are working in their best interests from Brussels enough to be willing to go through the pain of leaving the EU. I can.

I did not concede that the EU has been an economic boon for Britain. The numbers don't show that at all. Look here, for instance:

Your graphs aids my point, since England joined in the 1970s.

We are going nowhere with this discussion, though. The bottom line is that you cannot imagine that the voters in Britain would dislike being governed by people they did not elect

See, this is a great example of pretending to listen, but not listening. I have said nothing, not a word, that indicates the English voters liked results of the EU overall. I am very amused at your attempts to limit the imaginations of a misanthrope regarding other people's misanthropy.

Your graphs aids my point, since England joined in the 1970s.

See, this is a great example of pretending to listen, but not listening. I have said nothing, not a word, that indicates the English voters liked results of the EU overall. I am very amused at your attempts to limit the imaginations of a misanthrope regarding other people's misanthropy.
Here is a graph going all the way back to 1948. Please explain to me how you think this indicates an economic boon occurred as a result of EU membership.
Annual_U.K._GDP_Growth%2C_1948_to_2012.png

As for listening, you are at least as deaf to me as I am to you. My point from the first has been that the Brits have legitimate reasons not to want to be part of the EU. I'm not interested in trying to defend any of the other positions that you apparently want to imagine that I have taken.

Here is a graph going all the way back to 1948. Please explain to me how you think this indicates an economic boon occurred as a result of EU membership.

You changed the graph from the one you linked to, which showed Britain under-performing compared to France and the US before the mid-1970s and staying about equal afterwards, to a graph with just Britain. I'm sure there was no deception intended on your part, it was only accidentally deceptive.

As for listening, you are at least as deaf to me as I am to you.

I absolutely think we should spend three pages discussing who listens less well. I think you do a worse job.

My point from the first has been that the Brits have legitimate reasons not to want to be part of the EU.

I acknowledged that they had reasons on the first page of this thread.

You changed the graph from the one you linked to, which showed Britain under-performing compared to France and the US before the mid-1970s and staying about equal afterwards, to a graph with just Britain. I'm sure there was no deception intended on your part, it was only accidentally deceptive.

I absolutely think we should spend three pages discussing who listens less well. I think you do a worse job.

I acknowledged that they had reasons on the first page of this thread.
The reason for the change in the graph was that you wanted one going farther back, not to pull some sort of deception. Sorry that I couldn't find one that overlayed France and the US. You realize that first graph is still in the same place it was, don't you? Let's just agree to disagree on everything single thing in the universe and save everyone the headache of proving it.

The reason for the change in the graph was that you wanted one going farther back, not to pull some sort of deception. Sorry that I couldn't find one that overlayed France and the US. You realize that first graph is still in the same place it was, don't you? Let's just agree to disagree on everything single thing in the universe and save everyone the headache of proving it.

I accept your explanation.

I have no issue acknowledging our general disagreements, and still pointing them out as they as surface individually. :)