What's new

*Breaking News* Kawhi Wants Out

Where does Lonzo
actually fit?

He'd make business sense in Cleveland just to fill seats and the marketing void left by lebron exiting. though it just be a circus. Who here called Gonzo Ball being massively massively over hyped. Anyone?

I'm not sure if I'm DL I would go near KL with the business end of a Geiger counter. His injury and lengthy recovery time would give me pause.

He'd make business sense in Cleveland just to fill seats and the marketing void left by lebron exiting. though it just be a circus. Who here called Gonzo Ball being massively massively over hyped. Anyone?

I might not have said it on the board, but I think its pretty obvious that a #2 overall pick with a broken shot and below-average athleticism has a high probability of being a bust.

Um.. didn't u just spent the whole of yesterday arguing that BOS does not need to give up Tatum to get the deal done?

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Ya i did and i still feel the same way. I said that i would give up tatum for kahwi. But the celtics dont need to if they dont want to cause they have a bunch of other great assets that the spurs would want that they can offer instead.

Ingram and Kuzma is a great package... I doubt Boston puts Tatum in the table. I’d rather have Ingram than Saric... Fultz scares me. I think I’d try and get Ingram Kuzma picks and Hart. I’d make them keep Deng though. Get a 2021 unprotected pick in the deal... that draft is gonna be good if one and done is abolished that year.
Kuzma doesnt have a great sample size. Hell, neither does ingram tbh and both might look much worse with the ball going through aldrige. Plus i dont think the salaries match with a kuzma and ingram for kahwi trade do they? Or maybe they dont need to match in this case?

Kuzma doesnt have a great sample size. Hell, neither does ingram tbh and both might look much worse with the ball going through aldrige. Plus i dont think the salaries match with a kuzma and ingram for kahwi trade do they? Or maybe they dont need to match in this case?

If they wait for FA they don’t have to match salaries. I don’t think Ingram and Kuzma together is ideal but they could flip one or the other. I just think people are sleeping on Ingram... he is young and got a lot better... not reason to think he’s close to done.

If they wait for FA they don’t have to match salaries. I don’t think Ingram and Kuzma together is ideal but they could flip one or the other. I just think people are sleeping on Ingram... he is young and got a lot better... not reason to think he’s close to done.

Help me understand this but how would LA get Bron/PG/KL without moving Deng?

And if SA says, “sure, we will trade KL to LA but we want it done before or at the draft”, doesn’t that **** up their ability to then sign Bron and PG since KL would take up their cap space if Deng isn’t included?

For LA to do this it seems everyone would have to facilitate LA AND their timeline. Why would these teams do that?

Not really overrated. He's a very good PG with great vision and good skills. But I knew his father was going to be a grade A ******* and get in the way of Lonzo's development and be a meddling helicopter parent who would cause organizational nightmares. Lonzo is pretty much untradeable. The only way he gets dealt is if Team B wants a certain asset from the Lakers and LA insists Ball be included.

Not sure if LBJ would avoid signing with LA just because of Ball, but if Bron can get a couple of other stars to join him, I'll bet by the deadline, James is pushing for Lavar to be traded away (and yes, I said Lavar). Lonzo is actually ok. But Lavar will be blaming anyone but his son for losing games here and there.

Yeah, If I am San Antonio, the list of things I would take at this stage are a top 3 pick in this year's draft, or one of the top 3 players (not picks) from the last draft. I'm not interested in anyone without a few years left on their rookie contract. I'm also not taking a bunch of crap salary (like Deng) back.

I'm not taking Ball or Fultz.

Any main piece of the deal who isn't bound to San Antonio for four years or more shouldn't be considered.

Cleveland didn't want that because they had to compete now with Lebron. It turned out to be a mistake on their part.
And the key to the deal was the pick. A top-3 pick in 2018 was supposed to be a cant-miss star. Only problem is Brooklyn forget to lose enough games.

Lets say Kawhi demands LA and San Antonio refuses to take Lonzo (fit), Deng (contract) or Kuzma (they don't like him). Couldnt we facilitate a 3 team deal:

LA gets Kawhi
Spurs get Ingram, Bradley, expirings (Burks and Jonas), #25 and #21
We get Deng and Kuzma

LA gets their guy and gets to shed Deng

Spurs get young Ingram, 2 1sts, Bradley and decent expirings.

Jazz get Kuzma

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Lets say Kawhi demands LA and San Antonio refuses to take Lonzo (fit), Deng (contract) or Kuzma (they don't like him). Couldnt we facilitate a 3 team deal:

LA gets Kawhi
Spurs get Ingram, Bradley, expirings (Burks and Jonas), #25 and #21
We get Deng and Kuzma

LA gets their guy and gets to shed Deng

Spurs get young Ingram, 2 1sts, Bradley and decent expirings.

Jazz get Kuzma

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Boston could beat that very easily.