What's new

Bring back neg/pos

freakazoid

Sorry, but I must complain about a site I've enjoyed for the most part for years. I used to post very frequently, but as of recently, I can't stand this board due to the fact I can't neg the jackasses.

I'll always be a fan of Jason, but I just can't post here without being able to neg the dumbasses, who have taken over. As proof of such, I just noticed that YB85 has been banned, yet there is no explanation in the banned thread as to why such a great poster left.

Great posters leaving and trash posters crapping on the board with no repercussions. Is this the jazzfanz we want???? I hope to God not.

Certain people cried about it too much.
Like me, and I disagree. I've been on here longer than anyone probably, aside from Jason, though there maybe some others who joined the board in 1999. I joined circa 2000-2001. In the early years, there was little name calling and people just talked Jazz basketball. But after Deron was drafted a new crowd of wisenheimers and mean-spirited jackasses came to the board. It almost ruined the board. Why do you have to be mean-spirited? Can't people agree to disagree without being negative and hostile, because negging to me is a hostile act. There is no need to be angry with someone just because you disagree with them.

Honestly... I think there should be a "down vote" system. The software we moved to when negs disappeared didn't have a good one. So that, combined with the crying, made it simple. I'll look into "down vote" options again though.

Down vote is synonymous with disagree, so that would be a good option for the negative naysayers of nihilism. A neg is like a kick in the butt, but to disagree is much more respectful.

There's already boat loads (not excluding myself) of negativity on this site. We don't need another negative feature to keep promoting negativity. I use to get negged by certain people every time they could when I had NOT posted in weeks.

There's already boat loads (not excluding myself) of negativity on this site. We don't need another negative feature to keep promoting negativity. I use to get negged by certain people every time they could when I had NOT posted in weeks.

I just have to notice JASON liked this post.

MY GOD Jason, seriously????

Shad is one of the worst posters ever. This is where you are hanging your hat?

Waht the actual ****???/

Lol really? He just agrees with the post. Which IS NOT wrong. There's already boat loads of flaming and trolling (once again, not excluding me). There's no point in adding another negative thing to the board

Cry harder.

Honestly... I think there should be a "down vote" system. The software we moved to when negs disappeared didn't have a good one. So that, combined with the crying, made it simple. I'll look into "down vote" options again though.

Sounding so reasonable makes it hard for us to live the "mods/admins suck" narrative we've nurtured here. Can you be more heel?

I'll always be a fan of Jason, but I just can't post here without being able to neg the dumbasses, who have taken over. As proof of such, I just noticed that YB85 has been banned, yet there is no explanation in the banned thread as to why such a great poster left.

Great posters leaving and trash posters crapping on the board with no repercussions. Is this the jazzfanz we want???? I hope to God not.

Preach on!

Handing out negs makes Jazzfanz feel like police officers writing tickets. It just feels good handing them out, regardless if right or wrong.

Handing out negs makes Jazzfanz feel like police officers writing tickets. It just feels good handing them out, regardless if right or wrong.
So, why does it make you feel good, Archie, to put people down? And this has nothing to do with being right or wrong. In fact, it's more about whether you like the person or not. You started negging me for everything I posted. I have no idea why. I'm sure it started with a disagreement about something I posted, but then you began negging me every time I posted. It didn't matter what it was. That's why I complained about the neg system, and I noticed that I wasn't the only one you were doing it to. So, why you does that make you feel good? If it does, then it's truly a hostile act. You seem otherwise like a decent guy, so maybe you should reflect on what this says about you.

So, why does it make you feel good, Archie, to put people down? And this has nothing to do with being right or wrong. In fact, it's more about whether you like the person or not. You started negging me for everything I posted. I have no idea why. I'm sure it started with a disagreement about something I posted, but then you began negging me every time I posted. It didn't matter what it was. That's why I complained about the neg system, and I noticed that I wasn't the only one you were doing it to. So, why you does that make you feel good? If it does, then it's truly a hostile act. You seem otherwise like a decent guy, so maybe you should reflect on what this says about you.
Negged.