What's new

Brooks is a really dirty player

Nicksti

Forearms Mitchell after Mitchell eats him for breakfast. I do believe he was more than checking Conley and if Brooks does not change his attitude he will find himself in the league's doghouse. Not the kind of player you want on your roster.

He's overly competitive. He needs a good veteran leader to channel his passion in more productive ways. If he can get that, he could be a phenomenal 2nd or 3rd player on a contender. The guy has a complete skill set.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

He's really the kind of player we need to round out the team. The guy who can get under the skin of the opposing team's best player, and a solid perimeter defender who can score. I would love him on the Jazz.

Reactions: MVP
I dont think he's dirty. He never made any kind of fouls that put a player's health at risk. He's just a guy who knows how to walk that line (though he didnt do it very well because he was in constant foul trouble and fouled a lot of 3pt shooters)

I dont think he's dirty. He never made any kind of fouls that put a player's health at risk. He's just a guy who knows how to walk that line (though he didnt do it very well because he was in constant foul trouble and fouled a lot of 3pt shooters)
Eventually someone's gonna come down on his foot and twist an ankle. He slides in under the shooter after they've released the ball constantly. It seems intentional to me because there is no other reason to do that after they've released the ball.

When I think of dirty I think of guys that are out there to injure people. He wasn't doing that imo. Give me all the forearm shoves... I used to love when guys would do that stuff when you were playing against them. The "punches" would have been dirty but they weren't punches with a different angle.

Guys that dive for the ball and don't care who's knees are in the way or that sneak under shooters are the dirty players... Delly, ZaZa, Bowen, etc. those guys are dirty AF. Hell Stockton and Malone would lay extra elbows and body blows on guys every night... not all of them were dirty :)

Eventually someone's gonna come down on his foot and twist an ankle. He slides in under the shooter after they've released the ball constantly. It seems intentional to me because there is no other reason to do that after they've released the ball.
Its his style of defense... if he doesn't stay connected to a guy hes cooked. I didn't see him drift into anyone where I felt it was dirty... I think he just tries to stay into guys all the time. He's more annoying than dirty imo. He got smoked and DM let him know about it. If he wanted to sign here tomorrow I'd start a Brooks fan club and we'd all join. We need a guy like him that is willing to be the villain and kinda loves it. I hate Dillon but I respect it.

Its his style of defense... if he doesn't stay connected to a guy hes cooked. I didn't see him drift into anyone where I felt it was dirty... I think he just tries to stay into guys all the time. He's more annoying than dirty imo. He got smoked and DM let him know about it. If he wanted to sign here tomorrow I'd start a Brooks fan club and we'd all join. We need a guy like him that is willing to be the villain and kinda loves it. I hate Dillon but I respect it.
He's getting called for fouls on 3pt shots because he's in the landing zone. That's a rule because it causes injuries. To do it a lot = being dirty imho because it is very likely to cause a significant injury.

He's overly competitive. He needs a good veteran leader to channel his passion in more productive ways. If he can get that, he could be a phenomenal 2nd or 3rd player on a contender. The guy has a complete skill set.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
No way in hell is a 2nd or 3rd guy on a contender unless you have Lebron/AD kind of guys as your 1/2.

He's getting called for fouls on 3pt shots because he's in the landing zone. That's a rule because it causes injuries. To do it a lot = being dirty imho because it is very likely to cause a significant injury.
I think there is a difference doing it on purpose and doing it cuz you can’t reign your own physicality

Utah has dangerous 3pt shooters. They are closing out hard to contest because they have to help and recover. I never saw him intentionally slide while under control.

No way in hell is a 2nd or 3rd guy on a contender unless you have Lebron/AD kind of guys as your 1/2.
He also has to learn to pass... I couldn’t figure out why Rudy was hanging back when he was driving because he never really passes out of it... last couple games he came up higher and got him a couple times and bothered him a bit more.

He’s a 4th or 5th starter on a true contender... he can be a second or third banana on a playoff team though. Grizz need a really clear second building block. They have some great young role players and a couple good prospects. If JJJ isn’t it they need a consolidation trade for a young budding star or they need to nail a pick. I like JJJ but he has struggled to stay on the court and hasn’t improved on his big issues. Maybe one leads to the other.

He gambles too much on D.

He’s too inconsistent as a shooter.

The media has blown way too much sunshine up his *** over the last 7 games. If I were the Grizz, I’d sell high ASAP.
The Dillon Brooks love fest because he makes a few hustle plays and yells was unbearable. Royce does as much but doesn’t need to scream after every play: