What's new

Broverly Love?

Archie Moses

How would you feel if the Jazz used their second round draft pick to draft Paul Millsap's brother? Elijah Millsap? Have you ever been Mansap doubled team before? Yeah, I know, right?

UAB_Virginia_Basketball_VACHA101.large.jpg

He's scheduled to workout with NJ this Friday. His numbers are pretty sexy 16 points, and 9.5 boards. Maybe he could be a lock down type defender player.

Possibly his biggest asset would be his physical toughness, especially on the glass where he rebounds at an excellent rate, totaling 12.4 per 40 minutes, which ranks him amongst the top small forwards in our database. He’s a no-nonsense type player who is not afraid to throw his body around, something that certainly bodes well for his future.

Defensively Millsap is intriguing, showing great physical tools and aggressiveness, despite being somewhat of a tweener at this point. He posts nearly three steals per-40p, an excellent number, due to his length and anticipation skills, often jumping passing lanes for easy transition baskets at the other end. When faced with isolation sets against smaller players, he can make an impact thanks to his size and length, but doesn’t appear to have great experience guarding on the perimeter, operating as more of a power forward collegiately. Continuing to hone his defensive ability will be paramount to his chances of cracking an NBA roster, as this will likely be his most primarily role if he is able to make it at the pro ranks.

If he has Pauls heart, maybe it wouldn't be too bad a choice to either draft him late, or at least give him a shot on summer league. Remember when Paul played at the Rocky Mountain Review? From the get go, we knew we had something special.

If he has Paul's heart he will be a great pickup in the 2nd round...as long as he becomes a starter after a couple years, or else he will flame out.

I'd do it, you know he's a hard working player like Paul. He'd probably get decent PT too if his work ethic is as high as Paul's as well.

I'd do it, you know he's a hard working player like Paul. He'd probably get decent PT too if his work ethic is as high as Paul's as well.

How do you know? Because they're brothers? Not necessarily the case. My younger brother is a lazy douche bag, while I am not (in my opinion, as well as just about everybody I know).

Absolutely, what have we got to lose? Better then taking some guy who'll get stashed in Europe for several years and may never even see the floor.

Seems like we would have a fairly good chance of having dibs on him for summer league play. I don't think we would have to burn a pick.

How do you know? Because they're brothers? Not necessarily the case. My younger brother is a lazy douche bag, while I am not (in my opinion, as well as just about everybody I know).

That's not what I hear. Trout told me you were, "a lazy piece of cow dung." ;) jk, bigb

If he has Paul's heart he will be a great pickup in the 2nd round...as long as he becomes a starter after a couple years, or else he will flame out.

Anybody with the stones to get into the ring with the Paperboy and knock his sorry *** out has heart, eh, Honzy?

LINK (Go to about the 5:30 mark)

That said, the Paperboy, he ROCKS, eh!?

https://www.lockerpulse.com/News/SL...eed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Utah-Jazz

There's been talk about taking a chance with Elijah Millsap in the second round. There's definitely low risk to taking him there and that's fine if he's the best that's left at that point. He seems to be somewhere between Paul and their older brother John skill-wise. He's not on Paul's level but appears he's going to have a better basketball career than John.

I see him getting training camp invites and just missing out on making a roster. So that leaves a D-League stint or playing in Europe. Here's some recent stuff that I found on Elijah,
Charles Barkley,

Barkley also said that UAB's Elijah Millsap, another early NBA draft entrant, "should stay in school.'' And then one of the NBA's 50 greatest players, who turned pro after three years at Auburn, started rolling on the subject.

"I don't know what these kids are thinking,'' he said. "If you're not going to go in the lottery, or in the first round, you should not go in the NBA draft. You put yourself in basketball limbo. You won't have anywhere to play. I'm not a big disciple of the D League (the NBDL).

Agree with Barkley. And the Jazz probably would have the inside track on getting Elijah as a FA. Utah needs to draft and stash a foreign player. That's what they tried to do with Suton, except he decided he was ready for the NBA. Draft the best 19-yr old foreigner so you can have his rights if/when he improves. Then look for the next Wesley Matthews as an undrafted invitee.

Hey, maybe the Jazz should draft Elijah, and then trade for Mohammed and Joe Smith. Any chance we could also pry Noah away from Chicago?

Care to elaborate?

He had average to below average handles for a college player his size. He didn't shoot remarkably well in the games I saw. He came off screens only modestly well as a college player, so I don't think he has the natural knack for it, he'd have to learn that. He'd have to learn how to do A LOT of things at the NBA level he was average to above average at doing. His best ability was slashing, and those are a dime a dozen coming out of college. Barkley was absolutely right, but I'm not sure if another year of seasoning would really have helped, since I don't think he's athletic enough for an NBA SF without some amazing skill to compensate for a lack of athleticism, like Korver and shooting.