What's new

Bugs in new software?

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
While by and large I like the new software, I have encountered a few bugs.

First, sometimes the icons for formatting and such (attachments, pics, vids, quotes, etc.) do not load. I still get the editing window, but I don't see any of the icons. I can refresh and they still are not there. I usually have to close my browser and reopen it.

Also, I get the "Do you want to leave this page?" message when I try to navigate away from a page when I may have started to write something in the quickreply section. That is fine. But I also get the same message sometimes if I try to post, and actually click the "reply" button, then it says "Do you want to leave this page?" and if I click ok sometimes it makes the post, sometimes it doesn't.

Don't know, might be my browser I guess (I use Chrome). But thought I would post this here and see if anyone else is seeing things like this.

The only issue I've had since the latest update is the site gets slow occasionally. And this is at what I would think are non-peak times (7 AM Mountain time, weekends). I use Firefox.

At work when I log in I get an invalid redirect error and I log in a second time and it works. I use IE at work and it probably has something to do with their system.

I have gotten the message asking if I want to navigate away when I haven't started a post, but I like that feature a lot so I'm more than willing to put up with it.

Other than those minor issues everything has been good.