What's new

Burke, Neto or Wright?

Who would you prefer to see backing up Exum next year?

• Trey Burke

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Raul Neto

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Delon Wright

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Ugh .. none of these

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

idiot

Who would you prefer to see backing up Dante next year?

To combat the recency effect a bit here's a few numbers. Stats come from final college season for Buke (two years ago) and Wright (this year), from current Spanish League (somewhat tougher competition) for Neto. From DX per/40 pace adjusted:

Current Age
22.3 (B), 22.8 (N), 22.9 (W)

Height (w/shoes)
6'1.25" (B), 6'2" (N), 6'5"(W)

Wingspan
6'5.5" (B), 6'4" (N), 6'6.5" (W)

Pts
21.5 (B), 15.9 (N), 16.1 (W)

Assts
7.7 (B), 8.0 (N), 5.6 (W)

Reb
3.7 (B), 4.1 (N), 5.3 (W)

Stls
1.9 (B), 2.0 (N), 2.2 (W)

FG%
46.0 (B), 42.6 (N), 52.1 (W)

3%
38.3 (B), 24.5 (N), 36.2 (W)

FT%
80.5 (B), 65.2 (N), 83.9 (W)

FT atts
5.0 (B), 5.1 (N), 5.5 (W)

TOs
2.5 (B), 4.5 (N), 1.9 (W)

TS%
57 (B), 50 (N), 63 (W)

Yeah, I don't want to "upgrade" Burke with a rookie. If we can't get a solid vet, I'll stick with the Devil I know. There is no guarantee that any of those guys will be better than Burke.

I'd take Delon hands down. But I don't see how we get him, unless he leads Utah to the elite eight driving up his value to get himself in the 10-range. Not sure that will happen. Delon will make the perfect backup PG.

Yeah, I don't want to "upgrade" Burke with a rookie. If we can't get a solid vet, I'll stick with the Devil I know. There is no guarantee that any of those guys will be better than Burke.

Not hard to be an upgrade from burke tho.

I'd take Delon hands down. But I don't see how we get him, unless he leads Utah to the elite eight driving up his value to get himself in the 10-range. Not sure that will happen. Delon will make the perfect backup PG.

Huh? Just snag him in the 2nd.

This.

Back up our 19 year old, very little experience, rookie, with a rookie (im aware he's a senior) with zero NBA experience? Exec of the year, bro.

There will be about a dozen NBA vet PG's looking for a job next year - most of them can be had for a 1 or 2 year deal.

I'd take either of the other's before Burke. I've seen Burke in this system and he doesn't fit.

Rookie point guards generally don't help you win. If we replace trey we do it with a player with more experience.

This.

Back up our 19 year old, very little experience, rookie, with a rookie (im aware he's a senior) with zero NBA experience? Exec of the year, bro.

Yeah, mostly agree with this unless DL thinks there is an absolute steal. We've poured 2 years of development into Burke, I'd rather just give him another year to make sure.

Laughable to use Burke's college stats from 2 years ago. He's had TWO seasons in the NBA and hasn't come close to 46%/38%. I'm not saying cut him, but it's ridiculous the Jazz don't have a legit 3rd PG to provide some competition. WE'll never know what Neto can do because Lindsey REFUSES to bring him over. Neto has wanted to play with Utah since he was drafted. But DL doesn't want to have him possibly outplay the lottery picks. Sent him home before summer league even started last year.

Don't know if Raul is the answer. But Utah can't get much worse than having a PG who CAN'T SHOOT (or rather, MAKE...he shoots plenty), DOESN'T PASS and is a weak defender.

Laughable to use Burke's college stats from 2 years ago. He's had TWO seasons in the NBA and hasn't come close to 46%/38%. I'm not saying cut him, but it's ridiculous the Jazz don't have a legit 3rd PG to provide some competition. WE'll never know what Neto can do because Lindsey REFUSES to bring him over. Neto has wanted to play with Utah since he was drafted. But DL doesn't want to have him possibly outplay the lottery picks. Sent him home before summer league even started last year.

Don't know if Raul is the answer. But Utah can't get much worse than having a PG who CAN'T SHOOT (or rather, MAKE...he shoots plenty), DOESN'T PASS and is a weak defender.

You have to get why DL hasn't brought him over right. The last thing we need is another development project at PG. Many of us love Neto, but there is a good chance he isn't that great.

If we bring on a pg replacement for Burke I can pretty much guarantee it won't be a rookie.

I'd take either of the other's before Burke. I've seen Burke in this system and he doesn't fit.

Based on what? Their college stats? Burke was better than both those dudes in college at a younger age. They may be better than Burke eventually, but we have better uses for our lottery pick. If we actually sign Tomic and keep Booker, that leaves us about 5 or 6 million per to snag a journeyman point who is willing to play second fiddle. Draft another shooter to immediately stick in the D-League for seasoning, drop Evans, Cark, et al. and we are set.

I feel like Neto is becoming slightly overrated around these parts.

As a backup to Exum, yes. As a 3rd PG to replace Clark/Cotton, no. The Jazz need someone more consistent to backup Exum.

I already got ripped for wanting them to chase Schroder, but also think that Jeremy Lin is a great fit for the Jazz in exactly the same role Burke plays right now. Hell, I'd be fine with the Jazz keeping Trey if they can get a guy to push him for the #2 spot.