What's new

Burke Passing to Gobert.

gregbroncs

So in the last few games I've noticed something going on that is driving me nuts. Does Burke not realize that Gobert is 7 ****ing feet tall? At least 4 times in the last few games he has thrown a bounce pass to Gobert's knees when a lob was easily available. In all 4 cases the pass was not close to being successful because the pass was not catchable by a guy that big. Either get the pass to bounce high enough Burke or throw it up.
End rant.

He either throws crappy passes to him, or does not see him open for the lob. Burke is wearing on me. There are times when Exum or Hayward will make a great pass, and then like two plays later, Burke will not even see a similar pass because he plays so small. I get that he is short, but so was stockton, nash, paul and hundreds of other point guards. So annoying

So in the last few games I've noticed something going on that is driving me nuts. Does Burke not realize that Gobert is 7 ****ing feet tall? At least 4 times in the last few games he has thrown a bounce pass to Gobert's knees when a lob was easily available. In all 4 cases the pass was not close to being successful because the pass was not catchable by a guy that big. Either get the pass to bounce high enough Burke or throw it up.
End rant.

I posted a similar thing in the game thread yesterday, saw at least 3 horrid passes for a pg by Trey. One to Gobert was way below his knees, about ankle height.

Remember, It's not about treys height or his passing or even his shooting. It's all about his intangibles. Intangibles I tell you!

Ya, he's lame. He does run the pick and roll pretty decent, but the rest of Burke's games is sorry.

Its hurts even more because we traded up to get him. Two freaking 1st rounders for that guy. So lame.

Bounce passes do not work for Gobert, so its hard for the short Burke to throw a normal pass. Exum has much more success passing to Gobert for this reason alone.

And we had a shot at Giannis didn't we?

or Michael Carter Williams, or
Dennis Schroeder, or
Kelly Olynk, or
Steve Adams, or
Gorgui Dieng, or
Solomon hill, or
Mason Plumlee, or
Lucas Noguira

Actually there are not that many players drafted after Trey that are more awesome... Yet. That draft kind of stunk.

Yeah, he does miss Gobert, then tries to force something late. Gobert just doesn't inspire confidence from the passers to throw him lasers when they notice him, so they hesitate passing him the ball.

Yeah, he does miss Gobert, then tries to force something late. Gobert just doesn't inspire confidence from the passers to throw him lasers when they notice him, so they hesitate passing him the ball.

Garsh, had not thought of that. So that is why Trey throws passes at his ankles. Interesting take. :confused:

or Michael Carter Williams, or
Dennis Schroeder, or
Kelly Olynk, or
Steve Adams, or
Gorgui Dieng, or
Solomon hill, or
Mason Plumlee, or
Lucas Noguira

Actually there are not that many players drafted after Trey that are more awesome... Yet. That draft kind of stunk.

Oh god no do not take a chance in a **** draft!

Of all KOC retarded drafts this was not one of them. You are ****ing hindsight suck off stupid here.

And we had a shot at Giannis didn't we?
It was always going to be a choice between MCW and Trey. And neither is a very good PG. Had the Jazz NOT taken a PG, the rumor was they were interested in a big, but knew that player would not be there at 14. SO that means either Adams or Olynyk. I'm not going to cry over getting Trey. DL bought a pick to get Gobert. How many teams do you think are kicking themselves for not taking Rudy?

AS for the passing, I've noticed the same. When Trey drives, he isn't big enough to get the ball over the defense, so he has to bounce it underneath their hands. And very few bigs are going to catch balls that hit them in the shins.