What's new

Burks 4 year $42 million extension!

He has been shooting it well, though I get kind of frustrated with how he catches it, pauses or takes a rhythm dribble, then shoots. Seems like he makes some of his shots way harder by not pulling the trigger on the catch.

Agreed. That is frustrating to watch.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I like all these players, so it's hard to be mad, but it just feels like we're building a mid-tier team. Which is frustrating.

If we could even make the playoffs, I would be happy. I remember all those years of Dwill we had gotten jaded with making the playoffs, but damn, at least it gave us some hope. We may never have been contenders, but we had a small chance. I miss the days of making the playoffs.

If we could even make the playoffs, I would be happy. I remember all those years of Dwill we had gotten jaded with making the playoffs, but damn, at least it gave us some hope. We may never have been contenders, but we had a small chance. I miss the days of making the playoffs.

This is true. At the same time, it just seems so...defeated. Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled with the playoffs, but it just feels like we're never even going to contend for a championship, and that's frustrating. Hopefully we get lucky in the lottery this year.

This is true. At the same time, it just seems so...defeated. Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled with the playoffs, but it just feels like we're never even going to contend for a championship, and that's frustrating. Hopefully we get lucky in the lottery this year.

Guarantee the year we finally don't suck, a Lebron or KD comes through the draft.

Lindsey trying to play safe with Burks after getting a thrashing with Hayward contract....I have the sensation he is doing wrong with the extensions!

He has been shooting it well, though I get kind of frustrated with how he catches it, pauses or takes a rhythm dribble, then shoots. Seems like he makes some of his shots way harder by not pulling the trigger on the catch.

But are you happy that burks has been attempting and making threes at a good rate so far? (I only ask because I have not seen you mention it in the gamethreads, sorry if you did and I missed it)

Good God... some people on this board hate our players so much. GO BE FANS OF OTHER TEAMS THEN. Burks ain't perfect, but he's a good player. This is a good contract and we are pissing and moaning about getting other players who are similarly talented (who probably didn't want to come here).

Good God... some people on this board hate our players so much. GO BE FANS OF OTHER TEAMS THEN. Burks ain't perfect, but he's a good player. This is a good contract and we are pissing and moaning about getting other players who are similarly talented (who probably didn't want to come here).
Also, Burks has worked on and improved his game every year, has a good attitude (never heard him bitch, or heard anyone say anything bad about him within the orginization, never had issues on twitter, etc), is very durable (I think he only missed like 4 games in the years due to injury)

Burks IS perfect. And if you can't see that then please GTFO and root for a different team.

The DL hate is pretty funny. The biggest problem with the current state of this organization is the result of treading water for 2.5 years. It takes time to turn a franchise in a new direction and to take the reins of power.... By the time he'd done that, the rookie contracts were over, and decisions had to be made. What's Lindsey supposed to do if not work with what he has? Hire a developmentally oriented coach? Trade Kanter!??? I like that last decision best, Linds. Hi-five.

I like it. With the new tv deal, his contact will be a good one in two years.

It does feel like we are getting very mediocre, but Lindsey will be judged on how Exum and this year's draft pick pan out. This are our future. So,let's hope those two pan out.

Burks IS perfect. And if you can't see that then please GTFO and root for a different team.

You're right my apologies to Alec, his family, and Bawse Dawg.

For reals though... Alec has come a long way. The only thing he does that still bothers me is goes the other way against the pick too often. He's gotten better, but when he does that it needs to result in a layup otherwise it throws everything in the whole possession off. Otherwise he's perfect.