What's new

Burks 4 year $42 million extension!

my problem is they aren't paying for what they are worth now. they are paying for what they are hoping to be in the future. it's a too big of a risk for me.

Some quotes regarding the deal:

David Locke: The extension for Alec Burks starts in 15-16 so depending on the smoothing of the cap it might be 1 year over pay 3 year under pay Twitter @Lockedonsports -

Jody Genessy: Jazz guard Alec Burks' contract extension -- 4 years, $42M (up to $45M with incentives) -- has been finalized, per sources. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

And my favorite!

Jody Genessy: There are no options on Alec Burks' four-year deal, which begins in 2015-16. He made it clear to the Jazz that he wants to play in Utah. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

I like Burks even more now!!

alec-1.jpg

And my favorite!

Jody Genessy: There are no options on Alec Burks' four-year deal, which begins in 2015-16. He made it clear to the Jazz that he wants to play in Utah. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

AA kid from inner city KC actually wants to be in Utah. Keeper, baby!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Seeing that look on his face makes me regret poopooing the deal.

Good. Now we don't have to worry about him bolting. We have some good players signed - now we need to play better.

Duncan, Parker, Ginobli. Kidding.

Those 3 are making less than $30mm combined this season. Adding Diaw and Kawhi brings the total to about $40mm, just a couple mil more than our trio will make next season.

Sent from the JazzFanz app