What's new

Burks picked as a Sophomore breakout Candidate

Dwill4mvp

https://basketball.realgm.com/article/224220/Five_Second_Year_Breakout_Candidates

Not going to lie, didn't expect anyone picking him as a breakout candidate. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan and I think he going to be really really good one day. But, this year he just won't get the playing time to breakthrough. I feel like those expectations were placed on Favors as well last year but, they probably expected him to start eventually. I hope Burks doesn't get buried behind our wings. Corbin has got to let this kid bloom. I think Favors and Hayward are going to be really good, but Kanter and Burks have shown to me that they are more passionate basketball players and just look plain hungry! FEED them Corbin.

I think the fans agree. We want to see more of Burks, Hayward, Kanter, and Favors .. but I doubt we see nearly as much as we'd like. I don't place all the blame on Corbin for that, though, the FO also has to manage playing time as it effects the tradability/marketability of those they may be (hopefully) looking to move.

Agreed with opinion in OP. Burks can and should breakout in some way, but will struggle to get more than 20 minutes. This, despite having the only skills of his kind on our entire team.

What a jackass.
Last season, my list of second-year breakout players (guys who did not play in the Rookie Game on All-Star Weekend) had Ekpe Udoh, Gordon Hayward, Avery Bradley, Kevin Seraphin and Devin Ebanks on it. Not all “broke out” like Bradley did, but I think all five will last in the NBA. Here are six players from the 2011 draft that could have breakout years in 2012-2013:

Read more: https://basketball.realgm.com/article/224220/Five_Second_Year_Breakout_Candidates#ixzz2AnkhwOQ8

I think the fans agree. We want to see more of Burks, Hayward, Kanter, and Favors .. but I doubt we see nearly as much as we'd like. I don't place all the blame on Corbin for that, though, the FO also has to manage playing time as it effects the tradability/marketability of those they may be (hopefully) looking to move.

Not me. I want to see more of Jefferson's fat ***.

Not to take away from Burks, but C.J. Miles is being predicted to be the year 8 breakout player.

We're calling it the 4 Times Held Back Senior Breakout Player of the Year.

Since CJ and Raja are no longer on the team. I'm betting that Foye will be the public enemy #2 right behind Big Al. Foye will probably get more minutes than Burks and the screaming and whaling on this board will be epic. Not as epic as when the Jazz resign Big Al to a nice big fat contract, but it will be fun to watch.

Kanter seems more poised to have a breakout year, even if his minutes will be harder to come by than Burks'.

Also, it always sickens me to see people getting payed to write sports articles when they clearly don't know as much as the casual posters on jazzfanz. This guy thinks Burks played only one year at Colorado. Is it really that difficult to get the facts right? It's like these writers suffer from Romnesia.

Kanter seems more poised to have a breakout year, even if his minutes will be harder to come by than Burks'.

Also, it always sickens me to see people getting payed to write sports articles when they clearly don't know as much as the casual posters on jazzfanz. This guy thinks Burks played only one year at Colorado. Is it really that difficult to get the facts right? It's like these writers suffer from Romnesia.

Yup. That's why I only read message boards for sports now. I wait for someone to post an article and have one of you smarty pants break it down for me.

*paid --- I can see how attention to details would bother someone like you.

The Jazz FO made a commitment to Corbin when they exercised his option. Corbin should make a commitment to Utah's long term success and find minutes for the young guys.