What's new

Can Duncan Survive a 7 Game Series?

franklin

Guy looks in bad shape. Can't play back to backs anymore and his production is way down. He's only good for 28 minutes in the games he has played even with all the extra rest.

I think Corbin should attack this weakness by giving Kanter the assignment of manhandling the old bean pole for 10-12 minutes in the first half sometime. Hit him hard and early with Jefferson but quickly flip to Kanter to maul him on both ends of the court. Jazz should get into the offense quickly just to post him up and lean on him, then pass back out and repost while the rest of the team runs alternate options.

If the Jazz can get out into the open court like they have been lately then that will take the rest out of Duncan. He'll have nothing left in the tank by the middle of the third quarter.

Every time I think Duncan's going to be a liability on the floor, he proves me wrong.

Guy looks in bad shape. Can't play back to backs anymore and his production is way down. He's only good for 28 minutes in the games he has played even with all the extra rest.

I think Corbin should attack this weakness by giving Kanter the assignment of manhandling the old bean pole for 10-12 minutes in the first half sometime. Hit him hard and early with Jefferson but quickly flip to Kanter to maul him on both ends of the court. Jazz should get into the offense quickly just to post him up and lean on him, then pass back out and repost while the rest of the team runs alternate options.

If the Jazz can get out into the open court like they have been lately then that will take the rest out of Duncan. He'll have nothing left in the tank by the middle of the third quarter.

I like your thinking.

Yes, we need to take the guts out of Duncan, and I think Kanter should use all six fouls on him.

But, it's their perimeter game that is going to eat us up. I really hope Ty just beats the **** of out Duncan one-on-one; don't double.

Yes, we need to take the guts out of Duncan, and I think Kanter should use all six fouls on him.

But, it's their perimeter game that is going to eat us up. I really hope Ty just beats the **** of out Duncan one-on-one; don't double.

They run that stupid *** 5 guys around the arc PnR and 4 guys around the arc with a low post. 5 PnR--The paint is wide open and Corbin has guys slack because Duncan-Parker PnR is so deadly, especially against our old starters (CJ AJ). Take Duncan out or actually defend the PnR and a guy doesn't have to drop off the arc to cover the roller as often. 4-high--Take Duncan out and dare them to post Favors or even Jefferson up with Splitter/Blair.

I would think we're also better offensively without Duncan in so there transition game would be contained a bit better.

I know we're going to lose so I'd like to scare the **** out of squirts Parker and beat up Duncan for all the rest he's gotten.

Last edited:
Hopefully we come out playing loose, like we've got nothing to lose or to prove.

If we have any chance at all, we have to figure out how to use our athleticism and beat them up. It's got to get physical.

I swear to god, if Jefferson isn't preparing 24-7 on EXTRA EFFORT ON THE PnR + HOW TO DRAW FOULS, then this is going to get brutal. Got to get Duncan, Blair, and Splitter into foul trouble.

Popovich is a master at getting players to produce in just 20-minutes of court time. We can't allow him the luxury of picking the matchups and combinations that produce these results. The only way to do that is to get them in foul trouble.

Ya and we could start up a program too that would pay for each hard foul and things of that nature. We'll call it pay for make him pay. I think we could be on to something here.

I don't think you will see Tim play significantly greater minutes than the reg season in this series.

They don't average in every other game he has to DNP because of his emphysema and laziness. They might have to push him 40 in 1,3, and 5, so yeah, that's close to his season average.

Does Pop take about a quarter off too? Cause, you know, keeping rotations consistant is key to winning in the post season.

Does Pop take about a quarter off too? Cause, you know, keeping rotations consistant is key to winning in the post season.

Not cool man. Everyone knows his titanium heart valve might stop ticking any day now. Some say that's what pock face gets for doing meth for so many years, but that's just cold man.

Back off the CrackPop.

Not cool man. Everyone knows his titanium heart valve might stop ticking any day now. Some say that's what pock face gets for doing meth for so many years, but that's just cold man.

Back off the CrackPop.

You know what? Yer right, son. You know how he got that hideous, date rappist, pock marked face, right? Dodging bullets mother******. Have you seen Packer, Gigoobly, and Derncun take a hard foul like a god damn man?

As a child Grug Poppers, as his comrades called him, lived a life running from "The Man" and "slipping on banana peels"....if you know what I mean. He grew up in a rough part of town; dark and wet. He paid the price for his addiction to epileptic child "buddies" and basketball. He wallowed, daily, in a world of pick and rolls and european soccer matches. "Hit it hard, and hit it like you want it baaaaddd." he would scream in the streets of Bangladesh.

One night, as an old, possible wealthy, rich woman brushed passed him on his right shoulder, he hit the ground writhing pain and thrashing about. A Morracan whore had spit an entire pack of nerds laced with acid into his shoft, manboyish face. He was never the same.

And he touches small boys.

The End.

the series starts with 3 games in 7 days... tim is not going to be sucking wind. i applaud the attempt at finding hope, but c'mon...