What's new

Can the Andre Koralenka experiment please end!

He looked pissedd when the cuts to him sitting on the bench popped up while Gordon was playing another entire fourth. He sees the writing on the wall. Gordon is starting to come into his own.

He looked pissedd when the cuts to him sitting on the bench popped up while Gordon was playing another entire fourth. He sees the writing on the wall. Gordon is starting to come into his own.

I agree. This is why I posted on another thread that we should trade him and Raja Bell for a high-scoring shooting guard plus filler. This type of trade could be accomplished with Philadelphia. Andre Iguodala+Jason Kapono for Andrei Kirilenko+Raja Bell works on Realgm.com and on ESPN's NBA Trade Machine. In fact, the NBA Trade Machine predicts that we would increase our win total by 2 games with a move like this. It would actually be a very good trade for us because it would finally give us a high-scoring shooting guard in Iguodala that would take pressure of Deron in the backcourt. It would also give us a player in Kapono who has a decent-sized expiring contract that could also come off the bench as a shooter on a one-year rental. Get 'R done KOC!

DutchDancer

I laughed so hard when I read the title to this thread. As you probably know it was a personal joke of mine to misspell Hayward's name every time as my own personal form of protest. It is hard to have to spell it correctly since he scored over 15 points. Believe it or not I am happy Hayward has had a couple good games. I truly never believed he would ever score more than 15 in a game. I'm happy for him and am eating some crow right now.

That being the case, AK-47 is still a much better player than Hayward. Overpaid for sure, but AK is still very important to the jazz success or failure this season.

I'd kill for a video of him getting blown by JJ Reddick two seasons ago.

Everyone here hates Boozer but AK gets a free pass too

shocked.jpg

link? ...:eek:

Assume the Jazz could actually trade AK for _______.

Who would you want ________ to be, and why?

Stephen Jackson and Nazr Mohammed (5.2 rpg in under 18 mpg) who's expiring for AK. The Bobcats do it to get out of Jackson's contract as they try to rebuild. If they're being honest, he's not going to be there once they've improved the team in a couple of years anyway so why not get financial freedom now, especially with a lockout looming. We do it for a couple of reasons. For one, it sheds about 2.5M in salary. Add in the LT ramifications and the savings would be very good for the Millers this year. With Nazr we get a legit big who can rebound, something we need badly. His 5.2 rebounds per game in just 17.6 minutes per contest is very strong. He also contributes 8.0 points per game on over 50% and 1.2 blocks per game in his limited time. In my opinion, he'd add something we don't have. A big who can actually rebound, defend and score in the post. He's also expiring so his contract doesn't hurt us long-term at all. And Stephen Jackson, well, everyone by now knows my infatuation with him. It seems about 60% of us want him, and the other 40% of the board doesn't. There's no need to talk about the fact that he'll play with passion and intensity (something AK doesn't do), rebound, pass, play defense, and be a shooting threat who can also create and get to the rim and free throw line. Why? Because none of that matters. You either want him or you don't. In short, we have two glaring holes, a true wing who can do it all and a big who can rebound and add some depth to our front line. This fills both of those needs while saving the Millers millions this year. You say it hurts us long-term? Next year we'd be at 67.4M for nine guys. But we'd have options. Memo would be an expiring. Watson, Price, Elson and Fes could be signed to cheap contracts bringing our cap number to less than it is this year. And hell, there could be a lockout anyway.

Deron-Watson-Price
Hayward-Bell
Jackson-Miles
Millsap-Elson
Jefferson-Mohammed-Fes-Memo

Last edited:
I'll just add that I'm not sure I'm crazy about this trade but it does fill two gaping needs and if we're being honest, how many times can we say, "when AK's healthy" or "if AK gets his act together"?

No successful NBA team can have two starters that can't score. I believe this is the reason we have struggled in the first quarter. AK's contract has been the worst contract in Jazz history.

I have been a AK homer for years. He was the most complete player I had ever seen. But then injuries came and his abilities declined. I am starting to admit that maybe it is time to trade him. But it has to be for the right piece. Is it better to trade? Or is it better to let it expire? Cause I'm okay with waiting it out and letting his contract come off the books if it means bringing in a free agent next year.

Are there any big free agent names next year?

atleats hayward figured something out in 30 games that ak did not so far

I think I am more athletic than people give me credit for, sometimes I realize in this league if you go up soft and lay it up, they are not going to bail you out. You just gotta try to go up and dunk it and if you get fouled, you get fouled, you should go hard to the rim.

after all his flailing arms he has yet to learn this. as i made a thread hayward should take ak under his wing

Anyone watch Talkin Sports or Sportsbeat Sunday (can't remember which) where they showed Fransico going off about him being ejected from the game the other night. Then he talked about how the way the Jazz start out games, needs to change quickly.

They then interviewed Deron. Deron said that they needed to change soon too. He also said something to the effect of, "I just wish that those in the 1st unit could bring the energy every night that the 2nd unit comes with instead of playing flat." Gee, I wonder who he could be talking about?

Himself? Doubt it. Although, irionically, the Jazz's 2 max players are usually the cause of our success or failure. When Deron's running not walking, the ball up the court and playing aggressively our offense usually clicks. When he walks the ball up the court and doesn't play with aggression, our offense usually stalls. Likewise, when AK plays defense and with energy, we're a lot stronger of a team. Unfortunately, AK rarely brings energy or defense.

Who else was he talking about?

Raja? No. Millsap? Heavens no. Jefferson? Perhaps... AK47? Absolutely.

Like I said after our loss against the Mavs at home, there were several times Deron and AK had spats. AK would be in the wrong place, wouldn't be running the play, or just couldn't understand Deron.

I'm pretty sure the chemistry between the 2 has long been gone. They have a history of not really liking each other. AK cried for not being involved in the offense. Then, I remember Deron talking about who he'd pass to if Harpring and AK were curling. He also blasted AK's work ethic.

I wouldn't be surprised if AK was the target of Deron's criticism. Of course, AK deserves it. He rarely has looked like a legit starting SF in this league this year. I'd play CJ, Evans, and Hayward over him at this point.

I'd kill for a video of him getting blown by JJ Reddick two seasons ago.

Everyone here hates Boozer but AK gets a free pass from the fans too.

AK has never gotten a free pass from me. I was the driver of the "trade AK" wagon a few years ago and took a lot of heat for it. The difference is that WHEN AK is "on," he energizes the whole team with his defense, steals, blocked shots and all-over-the-court effort. Unfortunately, that seems to happen for a few games, then he reverts back to just chucking up threes. With Boozer, he just goes out and gets a very quiet 20/10. He rarely took it to the hoop, so there was absolutely ZERO chance of getting an opposing big in foul trouble. And the most excited he ever got in Utah (if you take away that obnoxious foul mouth of his), was saying, "I just wanna have fun" in a post-game interview.

But both are equally durable, or non-durable if you will. AK always misses a lot of games with back and ankle problems. Boozer - and I'm not arguing whether his injuries were valid or not - also missed a ton of games. When you're paying MAX money to a player, you hope he'll be able to go 80 games/per and alway give 100% effort on both sides of the ball.

I see the Jazz again being in that 2nd tier of teams, not up to the level of the big boys, but able to finsih 1st or 2nd in the NW and win a playoff series. With that in mind, I say trade AK to get tax relief. If Miller and KOC can't get a starting wing or good 6th man (or won't due to money concerns), then start Hayward and let him develop.

atleats hayward figured something out in 30 games that ak did not so far

after all his flailing arms he has yet to learn this. as i made a thread hayward should take ak under his wing

Depending on how you play it and who you're driving on, this is also a great way to invite a serious injury. That said, I too would prefer if AK made attempts to score rather than often making attempts to draw fouls only. Try to score first and foremost, help draw some contact, yes, but don't run in there for the sole purpose of getting fouled.