What's new

Can the Corbin and Jefferson Experiment Please End?

Burks might be able to dribble or pass out of this situation you speak of.

How well did he do last night? I looked at the box score. 1 assist and 10 shots. Please tell me it wasn't his usual chuckfest where 1.5 more shots fell in than his 33% average. How much did his okay shooting have to do with playing in garbage time?

How well did he do last night? I looked at the box score. 1 assist and 10 shots. Please tell me it wasn't his usual chuckfest where 1.5 more shots fell in than his 33% average. How much did his okay shooting have to do with playing in garbage time?

He had some very nice passes last night as well.... you have to watch the games to evaluate guys. Box scores dont tell the whole story.
Also 1 of his shots was at the buzzer for the end of the 3rd quarter from about 40 feet. So he actually only took 9 shots and made 5. The fact that he shoots alot is a good thing. He is a wing scorer and that is exactly what this team is lacking.

He had some very nice passes last night as well.... you have to watch the games to evaluate guys. Box scores dont tell the whole story.
Also 1 of his shots was at the buzzer for the end of the 3rd quarter from about 40 feet. So he actually only took 9 shots and made 5. The fact that he shoots alot is a good thing. He is a wing scorer and that is exactly what this team is lacking.

I hope there never comes a point when burks comes in the game and is conservitave and cautious and afraid to shoot, looking to pass first.

We drafted him because of his knack for penetrating, finishing and getting to the free throw line. (putting pts on the board).
When he is in i hope for him to be somewhat of a ball hog. Twice last night he beat his man off the dribble and got into the paint and found open teammates for easy looks.... Other times he drove at the hoop and made nice finishes over and around defenders... He ran the break well too.
He played great in his small amount of minutes against the players that were put on the court to stop him.

He took 1 bad shot out the 9 shots he took (im not counting the 40 foot shot to beat the buzzer at the end of the 3rd quarter)
It was about a 20 foot jump shot that he never should have took.

Thanks. So, did his teammates miss all the open looks he set them up for?

I think you're being a little giddy about Burks scoring over DeShawn Stevenson & DJ Augustine though.

We all watched Jerry Sloan teams and all of knew the plays. Hell, the whole NBA knew Jerry's plays, but his teams executed. I'm still confused what Ty wants to do on offense. I know that Big Al catches all kinds of $#@% on this board, but he bails out Ty. I think the Jazz players don't know where there shots will come from and makes the whole offense look desperate.

I think you're being a little giddy about Burks scoring over DeShawn Stevenson & DJ Augustine though.

No they didn't all miss. Favors made one of them (which is why the box score shows burks with an assist), on another one favors missed a dunk off a sweet bounce pass on a pick and roll... and another time burks got into the middle of the paint and got the defender in the air with a pump fake and then found kanter for an easy layup, but the refs called a foul on indiana which sent burks to the free throw line (where he made both) so he didn't get the assist.

So right there is 3 assists in his 13 minutes.
He passed the ball around other times too which never lead to shot attempts. Its not like when burks is in all he does is get the ball and shoot. Im quite sure he ended up passing the ball more than he shot it.... you just look for the negative parts of burks game, just like myself and many others are guilty of looking for the negative parts of big al's game.

He was mostly guarded by gerald green. Try watching the game.

Also his on his first bucket he was attacking roy hibbert.

I put my dvr on channel 693 while the game is happening, or i set it to record on the correct channel at the correct time and that usually works for me.

Hey fellas,
Remember when we traded our best player and started dreaming about new beginnings? Dreaming is so much fun.

Hey fellas,
Remember when we traded our best player and started dreaming about new beginnings? Dreaming is so much fun.

Are you trying to say lets go back to the Dreaming Board? it will make possibilities endless.