What's new

Can we have a firm "No Politics" rule for the game threads?

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
There was one guy who randomly wanted to call people "Biden lovers" and another who wanted to attribute Mitchell's month old ankle injury to mRNA vaccines when it had nothing to do with anything in the game thread.

Game threads can be an emotional place for a lot of us. I mean we have a lot of hope and anxiety going in and then later possibly major disappointment or hopefully joy. Let's let basketball speak in the game thread and completely random unsolicited political garbage be silent.

I'm not superstitious or anything, but it doesn't feel good having the community game thread deteriorate into stupid political squabbles in the hours leading up to the games that should be bringing us together as jazzfanz rooting for our team to win.

Put the ppl on ignore.
This isn't about my little snowflake self getting offended, which is what your response sounds like to me.

This is about people coming into the game thread and derailing it with random and completely unrelated political talk. @nateboz came in calling someone a "Biden lover" basically out of nowhere and then proceeded to call three or four other people Biden lovers in a clear attempt at antagonizing people and derailing the game thread. It had zero to do with the game or any line of discussion that had naturally arisen in the game thread. I say fine, just call it trolling and personal attacks or whatever else that's already against the rules and deal with it that way, but this brought several people into a random political confrontation in our communities biggest rallying point, the game thread.

Not allowing random political discussion is VERY common on discussion forums. This is not some draconian anti-free speech thing. This is basic standard guidelines.

I’m glad I’m barely on the site any more. As some are of me as well I assume,

I’m glad I’m barely on the site any more. As some are of me as well I assume,
Yeah I don't know what your problem with me has been but whatever.

You must be a Trump loving anti-vax Q-Anon fanboy

see what I did there, that's basically what the game thread turned into. Do we need that? is it fair to make a basic rule against that?

Yeah I don't know what your problem with me has been but whatever.

You must be a Trump loving anti-vax Q-Anon fanboy

see what I did there, that's basically what the game thread turned into. Do we need that? is it fair to make a basic rule against that?

Have it your way, dude.

For the record, I agree. I also just re-read the site rules and it’s a clear definition of trolling. I believe the game thread did have one or more reports in it which is being actively voted upon as well.

At this point, please report them and we will continue to adjust and if it gets to a point of an explicit rule for that content then I have no problem with it on the Utah Jazz forum.

For the record, I agree. I also just re-read the site rules and it’s a clear definition of trolling. I believe the game thread did have one or more reports in it which is being actively voted upon as well.

At this point, please report them and we will continue to adjust and if it gets to a point of an explicit rule for that content then I have no problem with it on the Utah Jazz forum.
ONELOVE is no longer a mod?