Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
He is lucky he didn't hurt his knee

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
Being big has very little to do with fighting ability.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Why not?

Big men can have weak chins just the same as small men. Plus spots like knees, fingers, nose, ears, kidneys and groin are just as vulnerable
I mostly agree with you but there is a reason there are different weight classes in MMA and boxing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
If I were forced to have to pick a guy out of a group of guys to fight I definitely wouldn't pick an offensive lineman sized guy.

Even though a much smaller guy might be the best fighter and the big guy might be a horrible fighter. If all things are equal I would always prefer to fight a smaller dude rather than a bigger dude.

I do get your point though stoked. Just being big doesn't make a good fighter.

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
I mostly agree with you but there is a reason there are different weight classes in MMA and boxing.

You’re talking about trained fighters. Untrained fighters? Big guys go down all the time to smaller men. Sure there’s a benefit in sheer size, in mass. But it’s fairly limited imo.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
You’re talking about trained fighters. Untrained fighters? Big guys go down all the time to smaller men. Sure there’s a benefit in sheer size, in mass. But it’s fairly limited imo.
I agree that a smaller man can be a better fighter and beat a bigger man. But I think if both are equal as fighters then I'm putting my money on the bigger guy. Not trained fighters mind you. Maybe they both suck at fighting. I will take the bigger guy if their ability is similar.

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
I agree that a smaller man can be a better fighter and beat a bigger man. But I think if both are equal as fighters then I'm putting my money on the bigger guy. Not trained fighters mind you. Maybe they both suck at fighting. I will take the bigger guy if their ability is similar.

I’ll take the one that has that assurance in his gaze and walk. The natural kind. Not the puffed up peacock kind. I’ve seen it as often in little guys and big guys

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
It depends on the type of fighting. The big guy could probably pick the smaller guy up and throw him through a window if he wanted to.