What's new

Cavs not interested any longer?

Dat smokescreen

BFwUuRr.gif

Cavs should trade Bennett for a box fan. James is sure to go to cleveland if they have a box fan:p
1be0db96-3431-46d3-83bb-028860b6285e_300.jpg

Hmmm....

Afflalo doesn't fill a need for the Cavs...but oh well, they know how build a ****ty roster better than anyone, so who am I to question their motives...
thanks for posting bro. your post usually make me laugh and i appreciate it.

^^^^^
Have to suffice instead of rep. Since im on the unreppable app

Still think our offer looks better, but maybe cavs want to do more deals or something.

Well the Orlando deal sounds better to me because they get two picks in this draft. I like Afflalo a lot too. The sports in Boston are reporting the Celtics are trying to get the #1 now. Jeff Green + 6 and two other first.

Well the Orlando deal sounds better to me because they get two picks in this draft. I like Afflalo a lot too. The sports in Boston are reporting the Celtics are trying to get the #1 now. Jeff Green + 6 and two other first.

The cavs don't want more picks in this draft though. That's why they are trading it.

I'd prefer the Jazz to trade up to #1, but would not be upset if they stood pat at took Gordon (or Smart..I can hope, or to a much lesser degree Vonleh or Randle) at #5. Embid at #5 is intriguging, but his health scares the hell out of me too. I can't say I'd be upset at the pick, but would be really worried.

I see Cavs ************ on this one. No way Orlando offers that and don't get anything of value in return which the source failed to mention. More like they are raising bids tempting the rest of the bidders to overreact.

That's what I thought.

Statistically we are far more likely to find a star at 1. All time, 39 hall of famers at #1. Only 14 at #5. We need to start being bold at some point. No better time than now.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

The radio show last week indicated that it was the Cavs that approached the Jazz for Favors and #5.
Then the rumor comes out publicly.
Cleveland is just trying to stir up interest and create a bidding war.
Remember they tried hard to trade #1 last year and failed, so this year, they're going at it differently.

Personally, I like Burks more than Afflalo. Afflalo was always just a 3/D guy, not the driver that Burks is.
I think the Jazz's potential offer is stronger than Orly's, but the Jazz are making the Cavs sweat a bit.

I'm a fan of Wiggins though. Physically, I still think he comps to Dominique Wilkins. He's got massive talent.

I'm starting to think that CLE still wants Embiid. They just don't want him at #1 anymore.

I had that thought the day they announced they discovered a broken foot. Cavs docs are the only ones to give the guy a physical, they create a scare, control the information, and stand to gain...it's like US foreign policy but for basketball.

Some teams approach tradeing as a partnership, a way to work together to help both teams reach their goal. Other teams are looking for every opportunity to leverage another team and extract as much as possible. Cleveland is the latter. Look at their trades over the. Years, very few would be considered a win - win. The constant leaks and rumours put out by the Cavs and their complicit media connections are just a tool they use to gain an advantage. If I was D Lindzey, I would have a solid back up plan to any deal he thinks he might have with Cleveland.

Cavs are being pretty gratuitous about releasing all their trade scenarios to the press. Obviously they're serious about trading the pick or they wouldn't be doing this. If they were sold on Wiggins, they'd just shut up and draft him instead of announcing they're on the fence between him and Paker, and saying--oh, we're getting juicy trade offers. Aaron Afflalo isn't a guy who's going to attract Lebron James back to Cleveland. He's overrated at this point.

To be honest I'd rather trade Trey and Favors + 5 to the Bucks and select whoever is left Wiggins and Parker.(likely Parker) Keep Burks

Neto/Garrett?
Burks/Hayward
Parker/Hayward
Williams/Evans
Kanter/Gobert

Look to upgrade inside next year or even trade up for Nurkic

They are probably just trying to scare us to add more to the deal.

Agree. They're giving the Jazz a day and a half to throw in Alec Burks or the GSW pick. Orlando could threaten to take Embiid at #4, which could be the player the Cavs want. So maybe that's a factor. Also, the offer from Philly with 3, 10 and possibly Thad Young looks better to me than Orlando's offer.

Yeah, the Cavs organization has always been scummy, then they play victim real well, and then after all of their scheming they just **** themselves relentlessly. If they just keep putting the screws to the Jazz and then pass, **** them forever. Honestly. They had a blind owner that violated the CBA and should've been penalized heavily for trying to exploit Boozer's situation (and lost, deservedly). They got a really good player in Irving, then ceremoniously blew every pick imaginable since then. They fired Mike Brown to keep Lebron, then hired Byron Scott? Then fired Byron Scott to hire Mike Brown back to get Lebron back? They lost Lebron in the first place because it took them an eternity to field a decent supporting cast for Lebron, and they were so past their primes by the time it happened (his final year there). The Gilbert letter? The trotting out the sick kid every draft? Them "defying" literally astronomical odds to get three first overall picks in four years and they get sympathy?

If they trade us the pick, though, they're my favorite team that isn't the Jazz.

If the cavs want Embiid or think that Affalo will somehow motivate lebron to leave Miami then they're only proving what the rest of us have known for decades:

they're the dumbest *** team in all of professional sports.

Embiid is done. If he ever even plays a few games he will be a success story let alone is actually any good.

The Cavs should take what they can get and move on. If lebron comes (which is highly doubtful) then great. If not, then they have some nice young players to move around.

And if I'm lebron, like hell am I leaving Miami to go to craptown to play with always brittle Irving, Curtis Borchart, and a bunch of crappy role players.

If I'm the cavs and really want to make a run at lebron, then I take the Jazz's offer of Favors, Burks, and 5 and roll with it. That should be good enough for the Jazz to accept. And with that the Cavs have a good enough core to compete with Lebron in the sucktastic east.

Favors will be a top big in the east and burks is better than Wade. The 5 can be turned into something good like Vonleh or Gordon. And then you add Lebron and some desperate for rings vets (ex. Jefferson or Marvelous). Good enough for the ECF right there.

Last edited: