What's new

Celtics at Jazz, 1/26/2015 7:15PM MT Game Thread

I'm actually pretty pumped about this game. For about a month or so, I haven't been able to watch Jazz games, but I've seen the last two and I quite like how the team is doing right now. I hope Kanter can bounce back with a good game, and I hope Ingles continues his good play as of late.

BTW, am I the only person who internally reads his name as Inglés every time they see it?

I can't wait for the pre and post game dialogue about Hayward seeing his college coach. Boler will reference it at least 1000 times.

I feel Kanter could struggle some with Sullinger's girth. Unless of course Sully isn't on him and likewise. Then, nevermind.

Lets hope to keep the momentum from the last big win going. I think Kanter is going to have a big game.

I want to see continued progress, effort and aggression from Exum and Gobert. Big games from Hayward, Favors and Kanter.

Rebounding, interior and at rim D, and asists are my big things right now.

I'd like to see Exum continue to gain confidence. He is showing some positive signs. Please just go to the hoop a few times and be aggressive. I assume he reads this.

Boston got into a track meet last night against GSW. The Warriors did Utah a favor by letting them get back in the game in the 4th period. Celtics should be dead tired tonight.

Hopefully the Celtics aren't as shy as the Nets were about taking the ball into the paint. I want to see more Gobert blocks.

Hopefully the Celtics aren't as shy as the Nets were about taking the ball into the paint. I want to see more Gobert blocks.

That's the wonderful thing about having an elite rim protector. When his stats show zero blocks, it usually means the opponents did not have the cojones to challenge him and just jacked up jump shots. Or, like against the Nets, they missed half a dozen shots at the rim because of him.

I'm going to this game tonight. Excited to see the Marcus Smart vs Exum rivalry.

Here's a video of when they played in the FIBA games. Smart manhandled him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TncQcm7gmxk

That's the wonderful thing about having an elite rim protector. When his stats show zero blocks, it usually means the opponents did not have the cojonesto challenge him and just jacked up jump shots. Or, like against the Nets, they missed half a dozen shots at the rim because of him.

Kudos, someone finally spells it correctly. I agree, also, it seems to piss him off that nobody wants to challenge him.
Me likes pissed off Gobert :)

I'm going to this game tonight. Excited to see the Marcus Smart vs Exum rivalry.

Here's a video of when they played in the FIBA games. Smart manhandled him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TncQcm7gmxk

Manhandled him is a bit strong. He denied him the ball 2 times and intercepted a lazy telegraphed pass before turning his ankle. But in general the difference between the defense of Smart and the rest of their team seemed shocking. Exum pretty much blew by every single other defender put in front of him... Look at the possession where he dunked on the drive past Payton. I wish he would go as strong to the hoop as he did in that one...

BTW Smart was just announced to be available for the game and will play.