What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

Mitchell missing all of December really isn't a big deal. Jazz wouldn't be favored in nearly all of these games either way. I think Hood is ready to step up too. Think he has gained a lot of confidence lately.

Right now, we're in the 12th draft spot. A tank would have to take on Dallas, Sacto, Memphis, Phoenix, Clippers and Lakers. Not easy. In the east, we would need to chase Atlanta, Chicago, Orlando, Charlotte and Brooklyn. Maybe we sneak by one of these. Maybe.

It seems we're going to be in the 10 - 12 range regardless. That said, we could maybe trade #12 and something or someone to move up a few spots.

To me, "tank" is signifying we'll be in the lottery. I never saw Utah having a shot at getting a top-5 pick.
But I'd much rather see Utah ending up in the 10-12 range where they can snag a rotation player...hopefully a PF who can shoot (Carter?). Make the playoffs and the BPA may be a wing, which is not a position of need.

Jazz just need talent. A top 10 pick is better than out of the lottery. Scout your *** off and hope they’re more Gobert, Mitchell or Antetokounmpo than they are Lyles, Oubre or Burke.

To me, "tank" is signifying we'll be in the lottery. I never saw Utah having a shot at getting a top-5 pick.
But I'd much rather see Utah ending up in the 10-12 range where they can snag a rotation player...hopefully a PF who can shoot (Carter?). Make the playoffs and the BPA may be a wing, which is not a position of need.

I’m not a carter fan at all... in that range he’s one of the guys who gets me least excited.

What are the chances that DL packages some players, Burks, Jerebko..., and our first rounder to move up?

If he pulls another Gobert or Mitchell out of this draft I say we go ahead and name state street after him.

What are the chances that DL packages some players, Burks, Jerebko..., and our first rounder to move up?

If he pulls another Gobert or Mitchell out of this draft I say we go ahead and name state street after him.

Not sure that AB has value in a trade atm. Jonas doesn’t move the needle. Would likely have to be our pick this year and next to move up.

Hood would be a FA at that point and so we don’t have a lot of tradeable assets at draft time... could take back a terrible contract for unguaranteeds or expirings I guess.

Not sure that AB has value in a trade atm. Jonas doesn’t move the needle. Would likely have to be our pick this year and next to move up.

Hood would be a FA at that point and so we don’t have a lot of tradeable assets at draft time... could take back a terrible contract for unguaranteeds or expirings I guess.

Jonas, Sefolosha and Udoh are all two year contracts with the 2nd year being team option. No value for a team looking to cut salary?

Jonas, Sefolosha and Udoh are all two year contracts with the 2nd year being team option. No value for a team looking to cut salary?

That’s what I said... I don’t think chances are that good though... that’s all. I can’t remember a team moving out of top 8-10 to cut salary... not to say it couldn’t happen.

Would Memphis move back to get off parsons money, Charlotte to get off of Batum, or Orlando Biyombo? We aren’t in a great situation to take on a ton of money if we want Hood and Exum back. Guess it’s possible doe.

That’s what I said... I don’t think chances are that good though... that’s all. I can’t remember a team moving out of top 8-10 to cut salary... not to say it couldn’t happen.

Would Memphis move back to get off parsons money, Charlotte to get off of Batum, or Orlando Biyombo? We aren’t in a great situation to take on a ton of money if we want Hood and Exum back. Guess it’s possible doe.

Maybe not moving out of the top 10 but trade another team for say 17 or so and package that with ours to move up. I just half expect DL to work some magic at this point lol. Off season should be interesting again.

I'm still locked in on 2019 FA, so the time to take on assets and expiring 2019 salary is now. Cleveland seems like a clear target to me with Shumpert.

I'm still locked in on 2019 FA, so the time to take on assets and expiring 2019 salary is now. Cleveland seems like a clear target to me with Shumpert.

Denver, Washington, and NO are all on that list too.

My trade hopes the rest of the season would be to land another first rounder for this year using some of Thabo/Jonas/Favs/Udoh and taking on a Shumpert like contract. I'd also like us in the Mirotic sweepstakes in January, but if there is one thing Niko does it is ruin tanks.