What's new

Chad Ford's piece on the Jazz

I probably wouldn't have given half a **** what Chad Ford said about the Jazz but all these shenanigans have me intrigued. Now I must see that article (without paying for it, of course)!

I think that KOC's comments regarding Jefferson were very intriguing and really makes me wonder. That's juicy stuff right there.

There is really nothing special about the article. There's nothing in it that we don't already know. Here's a quick summary:

The Jazz has a young core that should elevate them to serious contention within a couple of years. The vets are all expiring contracts this year or the next, and you'll surely see some fundamental changes to the core once that happens. Due to the situation with expiring contracts and some smart financial decisions, the Jazz will have great cap flexibility to keep the players they want to keep, and maybe even attract a missing piece or two. The only disadvantage Utah has is the size of the market. That shouldn't be too big a deal since the team is building through the draft and selective acquisitions of players who fit the desired culture.

The article mentions that KOC does not want to lose and miss the playoffs because that risks the development of bad habits and basketball culture. Given the number of young players under contract, that would be a bad thing. He says the young players are producing, and that the management is looking to give them more playtime this season. But the tone indicates that their time hasn't really come yet.

There is also some discussion of the youth's summer training, and how much of a difference it made. Kanter's lost weight had significant impact on his performance, and he's playing and feeling better than ever. Favors worked on his post moves in the off-season, and the training staff think he made meaningful progress. Burks worked quite a bit on his handling, which may indicate a possible direction the Jazz might take down the line. He also talks about the amazing chemistry the youth have with one another.

Think it special because it is not just some quick article to show they are not biased. This was a well thought out article, probably the best national piece written since kirilenkos si piece. I really like that the young guys are developing chemistry togetheri