What's new

Charles Barkly

Maneesh

He keep say and complain at JAZZ be too slow and have to run it??? I wish kenny can slap his face!!!! This how my jazz play and this how my jazz win fat!!!!!!

He keep say and complain at JAZZ be too slow and have to run it??? I wish kenny can slap his face!!!! This how my jazz play and this how my jazz win fat!!!!!!

Chuck is a funny guy and great entertainer. He's never been a competent analyst. I don't think anyone reasonably knowledgeable of the NBA takes his analysis too seriously.

He says the Jazz should look for more fast break points. He is right. He isn't saying we should speed up the sets, just to be more opportunistic given our quality of wings.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Chuck isn't a great analyst... he's funny as hell. He's just old school. Always been a friend of the jazz organization... give him a break.

Charles said they should do both. (Play slow paced in their set offense, and run when the opportunity is there.) Jazz teams of old had a great balance of running a disciplined offense, and taking advantages of fast breaks when the opportunities were available. When you can get easy baskets before the other teams defense can set up, you get high percentage points.

Also, if you don't run, and your opponent knows you don't, it allows them to crash the boards without consequence.

Chuck is a funny guy and great entertainer. He's never been a competent analyst. I don't think anyone reasonably knowledgeable of the NBA takes his analysis too seriously.

He is a great laugh and he might be low on analysis on pro level but I do believe he has a natural feel for what works for which team most of the time. But sometimes he says things just to say it.

He's not worth his own thread. As has been pointed out, he's not good at analyzing basketball. His big insight into the Jazz-Clippers series last night was that Mo Speights was playing poorly. I honestly don't think he's really paying attention to the games and just mostly looks at the box score. Kenny is far better and even Shaq has shown he knows more about the game. Barkley is just there for the laughs.

Thanks for this embarrassing thread TPP. Barkley was right on. He's just asking them to take advantage of opportunities when they come up. He's not asking them to speed up their sets.

He's not worth his own thread. As has been pointed out, he's not good at analyzing basketball. His big insight into the Jazz-Clippers series last night was that Mo Speights was playing poorly. I honestly don't think he's really paying attention to the games and just mostly looks at the box score. Kenny is far better and even Shaq has shown he knows more about the game. Barkley is just there for the laughs.

But it was a good point: Speights had the worst plus-minus in the game. You don't think his "contribution" was important to the Jazz win? Do you think that replacing Griffin's contribution with one point and no rebounds was not important? As Chuck said, Mo had only one more point and no more rebounds in the game than he did.

It does wear the other team out having to play so much D for that length of time and has paid off handsomely in 4th qtrs this year has it not?

I'm partial to Charles because he went to Auburn and he's one of the only positive things to come from Auburn's basketball program. That being said, he played in the NBA during one of the greatest eras the sport will probably ever see. Don't fool yourself. The guy knows the game and knows what he's talking about. I agree the we need to run more. We had a 3 on 1 last night and backed it out. That makes zero sense no matter what kid of offense we run. The percentages say that's a bucket wayyyyyy more times than not. I don't think he was saying we need to try to run and gun it, but when the opportunity presents itself we need to take it.

Listening to people complain about Charles' analysis is like listening to people complain about the Daily Show's 'news coverage'. In other words, they're not listening to things in the right order.

I think Charles analysis is almost always more thoughtful and better than Kenny and Shaq. And the nice thing is he is entertaining on top of it.

I've asked the same question. I remember specifically saying this team had all the chances to do so when we had a lineup of Exum, Hill, Burks, Jesus and Gobert. While I get that it's not in our DNA, that lineup is a match made to go up and down.

Sent from my XT1609 using JazzFanz mobile app

Barkley's endorsement is the kiss of death. We can thank him for Mo Speights this series. He also looooooved the Big Al Jazz and thought we would make noise.

He has brain damage.