What's new

Choose Gobert or Donovan, you can't have both!

Build the future of Utah Jazz

• Rudy Gobert

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Donovan Mitchell

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters
I don’t believe their relationship is unsalvageable, but if god forbid we have to trade someone. You trade Mitchell he’s too small doesn’t consistently finish inside. It’s hard to build a championship team around a 6-1 scoring sg or pg for that matter.

been seeing a lot of YouTubers doing trade scenario’s with the jazz suggesting trades involving Gobert. One trade fought my eye. Gobert for Spencer Dinwiddie, Carius Levert and Jarrett Allen. I might consider that for Mitchell. I would have no interest in trading Gobert.
Well y’all need to get over that idea. Which is a really bad idea anyway. Rudy’s the one going. I’ve said why several times. Confident it’s Rudy that goes.

Well Rudy gives us a better shot at a title so if you don’t care about titles, yes Mitchell should be kept.
Let me be very clear. You are NEVER winning a title with Rudy as your best player. Donovan’s potential ceiling is much higher than Rudy’s. Rudy keeps the floor higher, Donovan makes the ceiling higher. The Jazz should and will keep Donovan and that is 100% the correct decision.

Let me be very clear. You are NEVER winning a title with Rudy as your best player. Donovan’s potential ceiling is much higher than Rudy’s. Rudy keeps the floor higher, Donovan makes the ceiling higher. The Jazz should and will keep Donovan and that is 100% the correct decision.
How many 6-1 superstars are there getting their team to the finals or close to?

How many 6-1 superstars are there getting their team to the finals or close to?
How many center with little to no offensive skills are?
Mitchell’s are easier to find and develop. Gobert is a rare commodity it’s much easier to build around Gobert than it would be to do it around Mitchell.
Not with what Donovan means to the franchise and community and who he is as a star. And not at this point in Rudy’s career. You can retool around Donovan much easier than Rudy at this point in their careers.

How many center with little to no offensive skills are?

Not with what Donovan means to the franchise and community and who he is as a star. And not at this point in Rudy’s career. You can retool around Donovan much easier than Rudy at this point in their careers.
There’s no one like Rudy, that’s my point. As far as DM goes, I don’t care what he means to the community, I care about the success of the team. Personally if there’s a guy the jazz like they could move up pretty damn high using Mitchell assuming he demanded he or Gobert be traded while also picking up other assets, and guess what the jazz would keep winning at or above the same pace because of Gobert. I don’t give a flying **** that Gobert doesn’t score as much as other offensive minded C’s. He turns a bottom tier defense (the jazz without Gobert) into a top half to middle of the pack defense and a middle of the pack defense into a top defense. Without Gobert we’re talking years of rebuilding.

We win because of Rudy
We will not win a title with him and you cannot pay him a super max and ever expect to. Retooling around Mitchell is the right call if it comes to that and I don’t even really think it’s a debate. It will take a couple down years but long term is the best path.

There’s no one like Rudy, that’s my point. As far as DM goes, I don’t care what he means to the community, I care about the success of the team. Personally if there’s a guy the jazz like they could move up pretty damn high using Mitchell assuming he demanded he or Gobert be traded while also picking up other assets, and guess what the jazz would keep winning at or above the same pace because of Gobert. I don’t give a flying **** that Gobert doesn’t score as much as other offensive minded C’s. He turns a bottom tier defense (the jazz without Gobert) into a top half to middle of the pack defense and a middle of the pack defense into a top defense. Without Gobert we’re talking years of rebuilding.
With Gobert as a best and highest paid player we are never winning a championship. Period.

We will not win a title with him and you cannot pay him a super max and ever expect to. Retooling around Mitchell is the right call if it comes to that and I don’t even really think it’s a debate. It will take a couple down years but long term is the best path.
I don’t think you know what it takes to build a championship caliber team, hell I don’t think you know what one looks like.

With Gobert as a best and highest paid player we are never winning a championship. Period.
With Gobert you need less parts. With Mitchell then you need to find another top end scorer close to as potent as Mitchell but someone that scores consistently as well against top end teams as he would against bottom dwellers. Far too often Mitchell struggles vs top teams, then you have to go find stud defenders and athletes at every level. That takes **** loads of time and money.

I know Rudy can’t be the best player on that team. Of that I’m certain.
He already is and has been the best player on this team. It ain’t going anywhere without Rudy as constructed you idiot, my god stop squeezing your head with your butt cheeks. Takes a special kind of idiot to do that.