What's new

Choose Gobert or Donovan, you can't have both!

Build the future of Utah Jazz

• Rudy Gobert

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Donovan Mitchell

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters
I don’t think you know what it takes to build a championship caliber team, hell I don’t think you know what one looks like.
You want to pay whatever to focus on Rudy. You can't win a title built around an offensively and defensively limited big man.

Yes, he is a defensive beast when playing a team with a big. However, small teams have proven to make him an above average player and not a star.

I want Rudy on this run to compete for a title but we can't pay him $30+. All this speculation about their relationship has taken the focus off the real questions - does Rudy want to be in Utah long term? and What does Rudy expect from his next deal?

If the 1st answer is no, trade him. If the 2nd answer starts with anything close to super max, trade him. A 29 center making $40+ kills our title contention.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

IDK what you do here... we needed the rest of the year and the playoffs for some sort of evaluation of where we are... we ain’t going to get it. If you had to choose you choose DM... I don’t think that you really do have to choose, but the fact that this thing became a big deal tells me there were underlying tensions.

We are a really good team but seems like we can’t be the super elite defensive team and the good offensive team. I could see DM being much more efficient if we had a 5 out center and we could become an elite offensive team... but would we become the Suns/Cavs defensively? We also weren’t good defensively this year so would the slide be that big? The nba seems to be trending to a place where defense won’t matter as much (rules and changes tend to favor offensive players).

There is a lot to consider and it all makes me sad... these guys can be really good... maybe championship good... but only if they are good together... the whole must be greater than the sum of the parts... thus far it really hasn’t happened.

I disagree that it is easier to find a DM... I think it is easier to fill the center position with good production. Rudy is unique but he lacks some versatility. Versatility is key to winning titles imo. So if that is the measure you have a better shot with DM than you do with Rudy. I may give up on a title and it might make fandom more fun. There are really only a handful of players that can be the best player on a title team... not sure we have those guys.

You want to pay whatever to focus on Rudy. You can't win a title built around an offensively and defensively limited big man.

Yes, he is a defensive beast when playing a team with a big. However, small teams have proven to make him an above average player and not a star.

I want Rudy on this run to compete for a title but we can't pay him $30+. All this speculation about their relationship has taken the focus off the real questions - does Rudy want to be in Utah long term? and What does Rudy expect from his next deal?

If the 1st answer is no, trade him. If the 2nd answer starts with anything close to super max, trade him. A 29 center making $40+ kills our title contention.

Unbelievable everything you said in that bloated paragraph was wrong. Oh and by the way, not many shined brighter than Gobert in the allstar game. Had he played the last 5-7 minutes the west wins and Gobert is most likely mvp. I don’t know what the flying **** you are talking about.

I don't know maybe just because he is double DPOY (almost 4 in a raw), all star, multiple all NBA team and defensive team, best rim protector, father of the Gobert factor, one of the best defender in the world... But otherwise I don't know...
If okay Rudy is the team's 4th offensive option, how can we give him 40 million a year?
Keep Donovan..

Sent from my MI 9 using JazzFanz mobile app

Unbelievable everything you said in that bloated paragraph was wrong. Oh and by the way, not many shined brighter than Gobert in the allstar game. Had he played the last 5-7 minutes the west wins and Gobert is most likely mvp. I don’t know what the flying **** you are talking about.
You must be Rudy or related to Rudy.

Performing well in the All Star Game is like performing well in the regular season - cool but not as important as the playoffs. Gobert does not dominate the playoffs.

I don’t think you know what it takes to build a championship caliber team, hell I don’t think you know what one looks like.

List of NBA Champions since 2010
2019 Toronto Raptors
2018 Golden State Warrios
2017 Golden State Warriors
2016 Cleveland Cavaliers
2015 Golden State Warrios
2014 San Antonio Spurs
2013 Miami Heat
2012 Miami Heat
2011 Dallas Mavericks
2010 Los Angeles Lakers

What is the common denominator? None of them had a traditional defensive first/limited offensive center being paid the most money on the team. It's not going to happen with Gobert being the center piece. Not in today's NBA. In the 80's and 90's? Sure but not today.

I don't know maybe just because he is double DPOY (almost 4 in a raw), all star, multiple all NBA team and defensive team, best rim protector, father of the Gobert factor, one of the best defender in the world... But otherwise I don't know...

No one is denying Gobert is a VERY VERY good player but you don't win championships with Gobert being the highest paid player at almost 40 million a year. He is too limited offensively to make it work. The only way for paying Gobert max/super max AND compete for a championship is a few things would have to happen. 1. The Jazz be willing to throw actually cash around and go over the luxury tax (will never happen. The Millers are all talk) 2. Be in a market that high skilled players actually want to come to and guess what because of the states/jazz fans reputation that isn't going to happen any time soon. So fans need to accept that if you pay Gobert 40 million+ a year you will have the floor of the playoffs pretty much every year but never get the ultimate prize of a championship.

List of NBA Champions since 2010
2019 Toronto Raptors
2018 Golden State Warrios
2017 Golden State Warriors
2016 Cleveland Cavaliers
2015 Golden State Warrios
2014 San Antonio Spurs
2013 Miami Heat
2012 Miami Heat
2011 Dallas Mavericks
2010 Los Angeles Lakers

What is the common denominator? None of them had a traditional defensive first/limited offensive center being paid the most money on the team. It's not going to happen with Gobert being the center piece. Not in today's NBA. In the 80's and 90's? Sure but not today.

Pistons did. And iced a team with 4 future first ballot HOF’ers.

Pistons did. And iced a team with 4 future first ballot HOF’ers.
The average PPG for a team in the 2003-04 season was 93.4. 11th lowest all time. You could get away with having a defensive minded team and still win it was the exception not the rule. And guess what? Ben Wallace still wasn't the highest paid player on that team.

You must be Rudy or related to Rudy.

Performing well in the All Star Game is like performing well in the regular season - cool but not as important as the playoffs. Gobert does not dominate the playoffs.

OMFG. You GD idiot, because Mitchell and everyone sucked ***. I ****ing get it NANCY!!! Gobert isn’t a traditional offensive minded player. I don’t give a **** you idiot!! That doesn’t change the fact that we are a better team because of Gobert, not Mitchell, ****ing Gobert. IDIOT!!!!

The average PPG for a team in the 2003-04 season was 93.4. 11th lowest all time. You could get away with having a defensive minded team and still win it was the exception not the rule. And guess what? Ben Wallace still wasn't the highest paid player on that team.
And it would be easier to fill this kind of team around Gobert than fielding one around a 6-****ing 1 sg who is erratic on offense. If we lose Gobert we need to find two more elite offensive players. We’ll probably Toil in the lotto for years wasting Mitchell’s prime. Or we can ****ing Keep our BEST player.... GOBERT!!!! Trade Mitchell for some wings that play defense and can score, get bigger and get draft picks to build like players into the system while continuing to win and progress into championship contention

idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot!!!!!

And it would be easier to fill this kind of team around Gobert than fielding one around a 6-****ing 1 sg who is erratic on offense. If we lose Gobert we need to find two more elite offensive players. We’ll probably Toil in the lotto for years wasting Mitchell’s prime. Or we can ****ing Keep our BEST player.... GOBERT!!!! Trade Mitchell for some wings that play defense and can score, get bigger and get draft picks to build like players into the system while continuing to win and progress into championship contention

idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot!!!!!
It's easier to find defensive minded centers than it is good wings. Replace Gobert with Favors and guess what? This team is just as good so please for the love of god please stop posting. I get it you love Gobert but he isn't the second coming of Christ.

It's easier to find defensive minded centers than it is good wings. Replace Gobert with Favors and guess what? This team is just as good so please for the love of god please stop posting. I get it you love Gobert but he isn't the second coming of Christ.
If this is the kind of idiocy I have to deal with it’s clear I’m wasting my time if you think this team would be just as good replacing Gobert with Favors. That might be the most idiotic thing I’ve heard here.

Sure I could find a decent defensive C, but not a trancendant talent like Gobert that turns the worst defensive team into a top 10-15 defense by himself. You should never post again with messed up logic like that.

If you have to call someone an idiot to make your point, no one really cares about the nonsense you have to say.

OMFG. You GD idiot, because Mitchell and everyone sucked ***. I ****ing get it NANCY!!! Gobert isn’t a traditional offensive minded player. I don’t give a **** you idiot!! That doesn’t change the fact that we are a better team because of Gobert, not Mitchell, ****ing Gobert. IDIOT!!!!
Gobert is known for his defense. Against Houston last playoffs, our defense was better when he wasn't playing.

Read the last sentence a couple times then you can go back to calling me an idiot.

Gobert is known for his defense. Against Houston last playoffs, our defense was better when he wasn't playing.

Read the last sentence a couple times then you can go back to calling me an idiot.

Idiot!! Gobert gave Harden all kinds of problems and had a great series. #numbers weren’t great but his imprint was all over that series. We lost because not one of his teammates could shoot worth a damn, and yes, I’ll call you an idiot all day long.

The last PO series against Houston was not a defensive factor, in fact, -50 + / -... I would prefer not to give him all that money, in attack it is too limited .. 40 million are given to the top 5 .. he does not is...