What's new

Climate Change

fish gettin' pwned by a troll. What's this board coming to?

Eh, i just kept copying and pasting the same couple sentences over and over again and he kept responding to it. Would seem that i was the one putting the bait out there and gettin dem bites.

Eh, i just kept copying and pasting the same couple sentences over and over again and he kept responding to it. Would seem that i was the one putting the bait out there and gettin dem bites.

That's how I read it. He wants to imitate a wall by the way he argues, just keep responding to his posts that have not taken your points into consideration with the same thing over and over.

That's how I read it. He wants to imitate a wall by the way he argues, just keep responding to his posts that have not taken your points into consideration with the same thing over and over.

Thanks for proving my point. You are on the Fish team an against me so you take whatever side he is taking by default. You overlooked him continually taking me out of context, putting words in my mouth and being rude. This is hateful an divisive. This is how politics works. You were not able to see the wrong in your team an consider what the other side was saying.

When Trump supported repealing NAFTA you all flip flopped on it an called him racist. Your team now supports NAFTA.

Good to see Trump coming round on the Climate change issue...

I kinda knew he'd do the right thing though. Most of what he said outrageous as they may be are just to get attention and get him elected.

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/donald-trump-climate-change-new-york-times/index.html?sr=twCNN112316donald-trump-climate-change-new-york-times0259AMStoryPhoto&linkId=31471291

Trump will morph when he sees any good reason to do so. He is not a scientist, nor a political ideologue.

The valid reasons to withdraw from an agreement which has the main effect of creating a tax for the UN, and which does absolutely nothing real about human effects on environment, might make more sense to him than getting on board with a mob of political ideologues pushing the reduction of American economic power and world leadership.... well, you'll have to make a case for another path to reduce our impacts, I'd say.

coal and natural gas have the same equations, the same outputs of CO2. The reason the Dems like natural gas power might be examined in the Lobby aspect, as there is little else to distinguish the two types of combustion. Coal particulates and other assorted emissions should be scrubbed regardless of global warming, and they can be, and would be if required.

Nuclear power has been touted by Obama as a transition resource while powering up wind and solar renewables. If there were need, we could design plants based on Thorium. The reason that hasn't been done is the Radon gas byproduct. But all radioactive byproducts of any nuclear resource can be contained, and exploited as their radioactive lives roll on. Each resource has technological challenges that require us to do better than we now know.

I like renewables, but seeing perfectly good deserts turned into glass seas is pretty disillusioning. Or seeing the forests of windmills taking a cut outta migrating birds.

Cold fusion, on the other hand, is getting warm again.......

Meanwhile, Dal's little diagram would also describe the last nine warmer periods preceeding the last nine Ice Ages.

So here's the thing. Ice Ages start when the oceans warm up and as a result there is an increase in snowfall in susceptible areas like the Great Lakes/Hudson Bay region, by far the largest ice sheet in every ice age, because of the warm Gulf of Mexico.

We should reduce energy demands by using better efficiency in all we do. Beyond that, we should build our cities where we don't have to build sea walls, and not on the shores of great lakes like Lake Bonneville which fill up during Ice Ages. . . ..

animated2opt10lossy80virq_185001-201606.gif

America now has a president that is ignoring the climate in basically every single way. What can be done, and must be done to prevent cataclysmic impacts from the policy decisions of a Trump presidency? If you think things are "going to be okay"-- why?

This smart student has some good arguments against the Climate change denier.

Half of New South Wales has been burning since November thats fairly unusual. Don't suggest that climate change is involved tho or the political establishment will set themselves on fire and deny that water gets things wet.

Remember coal is good for humanity.

Half of New South Wales has been burning since November thats fairly unusual. Don't suggest that climate change is involved tho or the political establishment will set themselves on fire and deny that water gets things wet.

Remember coal is good for humanity.
The dinosaurs died for our fuel. They are better than Jesus!

Dinosaurs aren't real. Jesus put them bones there to test your faith.

Hint: You failed

Not only did dinosaurs exist, but one distinct branch of dinosaurs survived the Cretaceous extinction event, likely caused by a cosmic impact with Earth. This branch of dinosaurs still lives with us today, in the form of many thousands of species. We know them as birds. Birds are avian dinosaurs. Non avian dinosaurs all went extinct...

Not only did dinosaurs exist, but one distinct branch of dinosaurs survived the Cretaceous extinction event, likely caused by a cosmic impact with Earth. This branch of dinosaurs still lives with us today, in the form of many thousands of species. We know them as birds. Birds are avian dinosaurs. Non avian dinosaurs all went extinct...

Thanks.

I hope it was obvious I was joking.

Thanks.

I hope it was obvious I was joking.

Yes, it was obvious. In all honesty, I seldom pass on a chance to tout the dinosaur nature of birds. I've always thought it was one of the neatest scientific findings of my lifetime.

She is anti-science. She has made up her mind and is looking for opinions that fit her view, rather than the scientific method of looking at all of the data, all of the evidence, and seeing what conclusions should be drawn from it.
Over / under on how long until she states she's a flat-earther?