What's new

Coaches Biting the Dust

homeytennis

The Wiz and Pels kicked their coaches to the curb today. That means only six NBA head coaches were with their teams in 2018 including Quin. I wonder if any Jazz assistants will attract interest at the job fair?

I'd trade Quin for Monty, but Quin is a good coach. I used to think he was great, but no longer. Think he deserves some of the blame for debacles like the first half in game four where it looks like no one has an actual clue how to respond to the beatdown nor was there any display of tangible changes that would've led us to believe the contrary. Losing to the bubble Nuggets 3 times in a row is also not just player error. To say Quin's job was in jeopardy if Utah doesn't advance is not founded in reality, but the argument could be made for it. I think Alex Jensen will get an opportunity somewhere.

Hopefully he has the fellas motivated tonight. A lot of the $@it show on Monday is that the guys were flat lazy in the first quarter, not boxing out and allowing offensive rebound after offensive rebound. When the dust settled after the quarter buzzer, the hole was just too deep.

Craziest NBA news story this morning: 6. Scott Brooks/Wizards part ways 5. Donnie Nelson/Mavs part ways 4. SVG out as Pels head coach 3. Chris Paul COVID 2. Kawhi Leonard ACL injury 1. Jokic chilling with a horse in Serbia.