What's new

Conley Benched

Thats the funny part... it ain't even Mikes ego thats in the way.
I don’t think DL/Zanik have an ego thing. I think they foresee political problems amongst the players in the league. A good guy like Conley—perennial borderline All-Star—and within one season in this ‘small-market wasteland’ sees his reputation tarnished?? DL/Zanik are probably trying to play some long game, buoyed by the ascension of Mitchell, wherein this narrative improves rather than implodes. Mike is an angel.

I don’t think DL/Zanik have an ego thing. I think they foresee political problems amongst the players in the league. A good guy like Conley—perennial borderline All-Star—and within one season in this ‘small-market wasteland’ sees his reputation tarnished?? DL/Zanik are probably trying to play some long game, buoyed by the ascension of Mitchell, wherein this narrative improves rather than implodes. Mike is an angel.
There may be some of that., but I think it can be sold differently and that the front office doesn't want to look like they paid a premium for a "bench" piece.

If that is the case I hope we move him this offseason... I ain't got time for this pandering ****.

Saying Conley can't come off the bench because we don't wanna tarnish his reputation is just pure nonsense. If anything Joe Johnson had a better career and better reputation around the league before joining us on a lesser role. The guy was an all-star, all-nba, and the starter for his team over the last 12 seasons before coming here. Yet he came off the bench for us and was magnificent in that role.

And trust me, there is only one way to salvage your reputation. PLAY GOOD BASKETBALL. No way around it. Just ask Melo

Last edited:
Saying Conley can't come off the bench because we don't wanna tarnish his reputation is just pure nonsense. If anything Joe Johnson had a better career and better reputation around the league before joining us on a lesser role. The guy was a starter for his team over the last 12 seasons before coming here. Yet he came off the bench for us and was magnificent in that role.
Speaking of nonsense. Sup, dude?

They should bench Mike so hard... He missed a shot today!

I'm keeping the reverse jinx going.

The lineup with Conley is legitimately unguardable for Denver.

Watching Millsap get toasted on the perimeter kind of made me rethink about wanting to sign him.

I've been team anti midget backcourt all year and have been advocating point Mitchell but damnit if Conley didn't vindicate DLs vision today lol. Bubble Conley has been fantastic.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

A Barton and/or Harris return could present a real challenge for us, but this were more than anything I were even expecting (at least for this game), and I thought that starting Conley were an easy call

A Barton and/or Harris return could present a real challenge for us, but this were more than anything I were even expecting (at least for this game), and I thought that starting Conley were an easy call
Barton left the bubble to rehab... he’s done. Harris is a good defender but he was completely terrible on offense this season. They in trouble. I expect a solid fight though.

The lineup with Conley is legitimately unguardable for Denver.

Watching Millsap get toasted on the perimeter kind of made me rethink about wanting to sign him.
Dude was critical for their defense last couple years and he looks creaky.

Would have been dumb as hell to bench him. Imagine him getting in his own head. This was perfect. He fit perfectly into this suddenly grooving team chemistry.

Nothing else that happened this season with Conley matters at all. Here we are in the playoffs with as favorable a road as you could want (which is still hard as hell). We look great. And have a coach who has proven again and again he can figure out a gameplan good enough to beat anyone in seven games as long as it is executed.

Feeling good about this team right now.

Barton left the bubble to rehab... he’s done. Harris is a good defender but he was completely terrible on offense this season. They in trouble. I expect a solid fight though.
Weren't really aware of Barton situation. Harris offense been awkward this season, but at least he's someone that they can hope to make a play and be a guy that can start to make life harder for our creators. Porter can't defend ****, even if he drops 30, we make 50 on him, we already played him of the floor, and Craig, Millsap and Grant, they are good players, but we're more than good If that's who's creating offense If we keep doing our work on Murray and Jokic.

Would have been dumb as hell to bench him. Imagine him getting in his own head. This was perfect. He fit perfectly into this suddenly grooving team chemistry.

Nothing else that happened this season with Conley matters at all. Here we are in the playoffs with as favorable a road as you could want (which is still hard as hell). We look great. And have a coach who has proven again and again he can figure out a gameplan good enough to beat anyone in seven games as long as it is executed.

Feeling good about this team right now.
I hear you, but this Nuggs performance is hard to use in an evaluation of anything.

Things look dope af, doe