What's new

Conley hamstringing again

I wouldn’t doubt him not playing this entire series.
I'd still bet that if we had lost the last game, he would be playing. It appears that we will rest him until we lose, which is probably the correct decision. He's had 10 days, if we could get him to 2 weeks like we did before the playoffs, everyone would feel better.

I really hope he plays in game 4 so he is ready to role in game 5. He is likely going to have minutes restrictions when he returns and even Mike will need a bit to get back in the flow.

I was hoping we could play Mike every other game to rest his hammy. I was hoping he could play tonight and then rest next game and play the game back in Utah.

Big ****ing boo.

I really think this is getting silly, but I’m not privy to what’s going on. But why say “oh don’t worry, this is the mildest hamstring injury imaginable” then rest a dude him for >10 days in the heat of the playoffs?

It’s either not that mild or the Jazz are up to **** again. If they’re gonna be up to ****, then at least have him dress and don’t play him.

I’m sure I’m on an island here. This is just practically an elimination game and the Jazz have a chance to step on their throats.

Big ****ing boo.

I really think this is getting silly, but I’m not privy to what’s going on. But why say “oh don’t worry, this is the mildest hamstring injury imaginable” then rest a dude him for >10 days in the heat of the playoffs?

It’s either not that mild or the Jazz are up to **** again. If they’re gonna be up to ****, then at least have him dress and don’t play him.
I think it is something they don’t know how it will really react until he gives it the full go and every day they get extra time for it to heal fully. Not sure on the science or math but if it lowers his risk of reinjury by like 2-3% everyday then you keep buying him time until you have to give it a go. Completely hypothetical.

If it was game 7 of the finals I’d bet he’d give it a go. IDK soft tissue injuries are tricky.

Once Mike is ready, I would limit him to 3 minutes to start the game, 6 minutes to end the first and start the second, then same in the second half. That would be 18 minutes a game.

I think it is something they don’t know how it will really react until he gives it the full go and every day they get extra time for it to heal fully. Not sure on the science or math but if it lowers his risk of reinjury by like 2-3% everyday then you keep buying him time until you have to give it a go. Completely hypothetical.

If it was game 7 of the finals I’d bet he’d give it a go. IDK soft tissue injuries are tricky.
I think they’re playing with fire either way at this point but having Conley spell Mitchell seems like maybe playing with fire the least (since the Jazz have fallen apart without either of them on the floor and the Jazz have a chance to basically end the series tonight). Mike probably shouldn’t be ridden hard for the rest of the playoffs anyway since he hasn’t been able to play 5 consecutive games since his first injury this year.

Any concern that his absence puts increased loads on Mitchell, Clarkson, Jingles, and Bogey that might cause them to wear down/irritate injury? It’s not like Mitchell isn’t still recovering from injury or Bogey didn’t injure his ankle last game.

If Conley is injured then he’s injured and shouldn’t play.

But I don’t like playing games like some of you are suggesting, as if we won’t need him until we lose. By that time we might have lost Mitchell due to increased minutes/load and the momentum will have completely changed. If Conley is not injured, then he should be played judiciously. I didn’t like how we played him 35+ mins in the Grizz series after missing so much time. I think @LogGrad98 called it after game 3 or 4, that the mins we were playing Conley would tear up his hamstring. Likewise, I think we need to be smart about our current rotations.

I agree with Numby that something fishy is going on. Just hypothetically, say the Jazz are thinking that they can beat the Clippers without Mike, but the Suns are another story. They need Mike to play Chris Paul. He knows him well and has faced him many times during his career. Maybe the Jazz are gambling and want to make sure Mike is ready for the Suns. Is this crazy to imagine, or what?

I think they’re playing with fire either way at this point but having Conley spell Mitchell seems like maybe playing with fire the least (since the Jazz have fallen apart without either of them on the floor and the Jazz have a chance to basically end the series tonight). Mike probably shouldn’t be ridden hard for the rest of the playoffs anyway since he hasn’t been able to play 5 consecutive games since his first injury this year.
Maybe the smart move would be for him to play today and sit game 4 and then play game 5. Maybe it’s the recovery time each game that would benefit him.

I don’t know but going from not ready to playing every other day seems risky. He would be quite helpful breaking the zone.

And he'd be cold as **** sitting that long between stints and would certainly pull it again
Yeah I agree... you’d want to give him two nine minute stints if you want him at 18 minutes... one to start the game one to start the second half and I’d have him doing stretching and treatment at halftime. I’m not a doctor or PT but once he’s loose let him go... just don’t want him to get overly tired.

I doubt we try to get out of this series with him absent. I’d guess he’s ready to test it... but won’t until they have to. A reinjury at this point would be catastrophic

Yeah I agree... you’d want to give him two nine minute stints if you want him at 18 minutes... one to start the game one to start the second half and I’d have him doing stretching and treatment at halftime. I’m not a doctor or PT but once he’s loose let him go... just don’t want him to get overly tired.

I doubt we try to get out of this series with him absent. I’d guess he’s ready to test it... but won’t until they have to. A reinjury at this point would be catastrophic
Eh, for me personally, when I pulled my hamstring, short stretches felt better. You could be right though.